2 DD 1012's or 2 swr-1243d's

Silver Member
Username: Dloco486

Post Number: 206
gotta change alternator any way and a 90 amp alt is only 30 bucks more than the standard alt which is only 65 amp with 90amp alternator i should be able to power a 1200 watt amp no problem right? So i'm going to go sealed and let my subs pound off my hatch i'll either run a brz-1200d or an aq1200d havent decided how much $ i want to spend in this dept. i'm going to go between 3 to 4 cu.ft on box it will most likely be about 3.2 to 3.6 cu. inner volume this is about all the room i can use in my hatch. Having a really hard time decideing if i should get the the dd1012's or the swr1243d's. Actually i just looked at the price increase on the aq so i'm most likely going to go with the brz1200.1d

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17155
going after sq type bass ?

DD doesnt recommend sealed boxes for their subs...

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
sql i listen to mostly rap but i also listen to a little bit of everything else and i know if u port low it ur subs dont sound real good on rock at least not the kind of rock i listen too. Plus with it being a hatch if it plays a frequency outside of the port i'll hear that port flutter. dont like hearing it. i called dd and they recomended that sub if i was going to go sealed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
i know ported and built to recomended the dd's would smash the type r's in a trunk. but i'm going sealed in a hatch and don't know which subs would be better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
can anybody eloborate? please. fixing to order

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

United States

Post Number: 2245
DD doesn't sound very well in a sealed box. The 510b worked in a .75cuft truck box(2 sealed under rear seat, 500rms for the pair) install I did, but it wasn't nearly as impressive as dropping it in a ported box. I avoid putting DD's in a sealed box unless that's the only option to fit the install.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1237
The DC Audio level 2 works ported on a 1 cubic feet enclosure (if the problem is space), using flared aeroports you will basically not hear the port (along with proper port area).

I would not recommend sealed for rap like type of music unless you can handle a lot of power.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

United States

Post Number: 2248
Just tried a pair of 1010s on 600 watts. sealed box a little under 1cuft in each chamber. not very impressive in the sealed box at all. I think you would be disappointed. A single 510b in 1.5cuft ported tuned to 33hz puts them to shame.

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
thanks i heard my buddies 510's sealed and ported they didn't sound nothing like they did after he ported them. the guy at dd said they only performed at 65-70% sealed. my l7 is sealed and i love the way it sounds off the hatch. i do listen to a lot of rap,rock,soul,and classic rock. @Joe do u mean myself personally being able to handle the power or the subs being able to handle the power? So i'm getting that the type r's will outperform the dd's in the same size sealed enclosure? I know ported the dd's would smash them though. If i had a trunk instead of a hatch there wouldn't of even been a thred i know what i'ld of went with. @ joe it's not really a space issue or i'ld go with tens just like sealed faced at glass in a hatch.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1241
The SWR 12" will perform about the same on sealed as the
L7 12" does but will handle much less power if that's some useful information.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
my l7 was the older model rated power was 750 so only 150 watts less pluss i was only pushing about 600 watts constant. that is usefull and helped make my desicion. 2 swr12's and a brz1200.1. thaks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us