2 great subs for less than 200$

Silver Member
Username: Dloco486

Post Number: 195
Originally wanted to get 2 type r's with a hifonics brz1200d but $ coming in not as much as expected. to run this system i'ld have to do the big 3 in my car. I'ld rather spend that $ on exhaust headers and fmic. But my L7's bout to roll it's last set of dice.So i'm looking for a new set of 12's that together would sound better and hit harder than the 1 l7 on my amp. my amp is a kenwood 9104d amp and actually pushes around 600 maybe a lil bit more watts and is 2 ohm stable.i ws looking to spend less than 200$. i was thinking of getting a set of rf p2's or diamond d3's does anybody know if 2 of these is going to be better than 1 l7 or have any better sggestions? my cars a small hatchback so sound amplified off hatch glass if that helps. Gotta love hatchbacks for systems.

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
they're a little more than ild like to spend but would 2 12 ssa dcon's sound better than the 2 listed above and better than my 1 l7? also was looking at sundown audio e12's. I'm going to go with a sealed box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
i'll probly get sum dd512's i've heard what tha 510's can do in the trunk of a civic and would love to see what the 12's can do off of glass in a 1g dsm

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3248
if trying to keep cost down why not do a single 18" woofer? it would be near same cone area as 2 12's. id buy one good woofer for $200 instead of a pair of so-so $100 drivers IMO.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
I would do that but i had 15's and the frequency range was really low and didnt always sound real good on everything i listened too. wouldn't i have the same problem with 1 18

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
ive gotta replace my alternator anyway. found out it was only 65 amp but theres a 90 amp and its only 30$ more so i'm going to get that. it should be big enough to run 1000 watts constant shouldnt it? so i'll be able to run 2 decent drivers. Looking for sql. was thinking type r's or dd1012's. On the DD's i can get a really good price + my shippings pretty low cuz i only live about 45 mins from factory.
on the dd site it says the 1012s continuous at 350watts i called the factory today and they said that was just the lowest power rating they will function properly and recomend 5-600watts constant per driver

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3252
it was probably just the woofer/box. 1000w rms should be ok on 90a alt as long as battery is in good shape and has a descent reserve. ans you have a good efficient amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us