"Learn all you can from the mistakes of others...

Silver Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 183
.... You won't have time to make them all yourself."

The meaning behind this random and misguiding topic title, is that i have learned A LOT from this site. From the first and many noob posts i made, to learning to just sit back and read, read, READ. It wasn't about 2 years ago from when i started getting into this hobby. And it didn't take me much longer to start being up all night without any sleep of never-ending researching. After constant and obsessive thoughts of what speakers i want to choose, where to place them, etc, etc.. I knew i was falling in love.

This site was the first website that i joined and learned the most from. I know it has "sort of" died out. And i just come here everyday to learn more and more, and it'll always feel like home. I feel like i've come somewhat of a long way, but then again, not as much. Judging from what i started at. (Don't we all) .. But i just wanted to jump off my FIRST ever build on this site. About a year ago i started deciding on what equipment i wanted to run, and boy has it changed many times. It still isn't certain, but i have a list of what i just recently purchased. I actually just purchased my first item, which was the wiring for my system about a week or so before Christmas. So everything that i will list, was all bought a month before now. I got a little car audio happy.

I've been extremely excited about this and just want to kind of start off my build log, but as of right now, i'm currently shopping for a new car to put this in, particularly a 2004-2007 honda accord.

What i have:
Pioneer Dex-P99rs
HAT L4
HAT L6v2
HAT L8
SSA Xcon 12D1/ JL Audio 12W6v2(x3)
Alpine PDX 2.150, 4.150, 1.600
All KnuKonceptz wire and accessories needed, Optima yellowtop and a CQ31XS30 Deep cycle battery

What i need to get:
ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6020-00
A Lot of SoundDeadenerShowdown deadener

I JUST bought a ZED Audio Minotaur for my sub duties right before this post and will be buying the Leviathan III tomorrow afternoon. I like these lil PDX amps, but ZED amps have always intrigued me. So i have a few people lined up to buy my amps tomorrow for a total of about $700. Everything i bought was used, if not BNIB and all in wonderful condition.

My plan is to do a Infinite Baffle with the subs. I want to do 3 12's initially. The 3 W6's i just bought because they were a HUGE deal and i want to try them out IB first, if not then i know i can always turn a nice profit and sale them. If IB doesn't turn out as i like, i hope it does, but then i'm not sure, i think i'll just be doing a bunch of tuning and sub swapping maybe to get the sound i want. Thinking of purchasing some tc sounds epics and dayton HO's just to test out. Oh also i bought the L8's but idon't think i want to run them anymore, so those are for sale. I will either be using the L6v2's for midbass, but might change my mind and run some Peerless sls 8's or the exclusive nomex's. Still unsure... I will have more details of the install and pictures of the equipment going into my new car up soon just for teasers
I've gotten a lot of grief about spending which is to me a lot of money on my car audio system, but i know it will be worth it. I have high hopes and at this point in life can finally say... My dreams are coming true. I do this for the music i love. This will be a huge learning experience and fun project. Thanks to everyone who posts here that has taught me so much.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1159
Well you can still post about Kevin Schlenker without getting your thread wiped out in 15 min, also no dealers disguised of users recommending their junk... and if you use adblock... no ads..

Anyways you do have a lot of high end gear to test out.. should be interesting to read.. not sure if the w6s will behave on IB but what do I know. I would test every piece of gear I had before selling... just in case.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17121
cool post

alot of ppl have learn from E despite its ancient stuck in the past looking forum

really nice equipment u bough there but take ur time & stick to a game plan rather wanting to try out a bunch of stuff so early & burning off ur passion for car audio quickly

take it slow & enjoy it ...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25291
Appreciate the time it took to type it out.

That alone means volumes in your interest.

And yes, learning from the mistakes of others is one of, if not the best reason for searching the net for answers.

Before that you had to screw up on your own and learn the hard way.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 534
This forum is the most knowledgeable between CarAudioForumz (formly CanadianCarAudio) and SMD. The people at SMD are pr!cks. I can't even get into the chat without being instantly booted. There's wars going on in other forums, so much drama, so little quality. I don't mind the old look of this forum.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17122
E users really have the "daily use" kinds of system so it appeals to alot of us

where as other forums have the mega spl monster type systems with steel cage being welded in , 6 layers of mdf , 4 ho alt , 20 batts etc builds , while its great to look at & learn it only appeals to a handful of ppl who can relate to that level - occasionally a few of those pop up here time to time ...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3246
Sounds like some nice equipment their, let me know how them PDX amps work out for you, I picked up a 1.600m but haven't had time to install it yet.

This forum taught me a lot as well, i still remember the reason I joinedyears ago was because I blew an amplifier and wanted to know how to wire it up correct.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us