Triple 2/0 Amplifier Terminals (Pics inside)

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1351
I just finished up the first pair. I'm going to do some testing with these. I used aluminum for the first pair to make sure everything went ok and works. I will make the rest out of copper. I Made them as universal as possible. The amp (male) rod sticking out is removable and reversible so you can run them with set screws up or down and so you can go from 0 gauge to 4 gauge and so on. I did this so I can go from an amp with a single 0 gauge input to an amp with a single 4 gauge and still run (3) 2/0 grounds and powers. "Go BIG or go home!" I was thinking or painting them red and black and mill a + and - into them so the symbols are ball milled aluminum and the rest is red or black. Tell me what you think. Thanks in advance for your opinions. Well here they are....

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Shopvac

Post Number: 120
looks great!
excellent machining..

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1352
Thanks shopvac.

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 351
Yea they look really good. I like the +/- and paint idea too. That should turn out awesome.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1353
Thanks alonzoub. I have been thinking about it now that they are mounted on the amp, and I think they need to be protected so nothing can connect the two (since they are so close together) and blow a fuse or worse. I really appreciate your opinions guys. I hope to hear more good opinions. Anyone interested in some of these? Does anyone feel there is a market for this type of item? Just wondering. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3336
Those look good and yes there is a markiet. Looking for someone to build some for my mmats 4000.1. I could email you what I have in mind.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2098
i like it

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1354
Sure Silver-N-Black, send me an email. Just put my email to public. Thanks everyone! Tell/show your friends. I would like some more feedback.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, here is a pic of some buss bars I was making a long time ago. I don't know what brand the batteries were but these buss bars hooked up 4 batteries together. Each battery was equivalent to Kinetik Hc600. I believe they are the same size as well as the same style terminals. I did this because we could get the batteries for very cheap and four of them together was roughly equivalent to an HC2400, but 16V! Yes, they were 16 volt. I still have one pair ot these buss bars left. Here is the pic....
Upload
Uses 1/4-20 Grade 8 bolts and star washers to hold bars to batteries. The holes in the terminals on these batteries had to be enlarged to fit the 1/4 inch bolt. Any opinions on these? Anyone interested in last pair?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3337
I will email you in a bit with what i was thinking. Hope you can help me out. Buss bar look good too.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17105
terminals look good

stetsom makes them too

http://www.stetsom.com.br/eng/Produtos.aspx?p=180

so u might want to compare how much it cost u to make vs their's ...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5513
Very nice. As far as insulating, maybe dip em in plastadip. Its a very tough coating and comes in colors. Also liquid elecyrical tape.
I wish I didnt lose my motivation to do stuff like that.
Btw, the differance of copper vs aluminum would be negligble in current capcity at those sizes. And if the were covered,painted just saying.
I wish I had a need for em.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1355
Any other opinions? Please, I need more feedback! Thanks again to everyone so far.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1356
Any other opinions? Please, I need more feedback! Thanks again to everyone so far.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1357
Sorry for the double post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us