1 S15L5 vs 2 cvr 12's

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 361
would 1 solobaric 15 l5 in a sealed 6.0 cu ft be deeper bass than 2 12 cvr ported in 1.76 cu ft??

Bronze Member
Username: Cavemandjd

Morgan City, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 72
Do you plan on purchasing either one of those?
In my opinion i think it would be the solobaric

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 362
i already have the cvr's but if the solobaric, a type r or even this 15 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17658_SPL-SP3-15.html would be deeper than the 12's then i'll go with 1 15.

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 363
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17658_SPL-SP3-15.html

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 859
Ok S.L.A.B. are you looking for the 06L15L52 ?? that is the 2006 version dual 2 ohm of the L5. That should fit your amp bridged to 4 ohm.

If you want to reach low use ported always.

But I don't se how to fit a 6 cubes enclosure there unless you get rid of the backseats!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
If you go with anything go with either skar or sundown.
If your looking for major shaking on a budget.

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 365
My old setup 2 cvr 15's in sealed box at max specs was major shaking to me so if i can get close to that I'll be satisfied. 18.5w x 26.25h x 26 d x .75 thickness = 5.97 cu ft. It can just sit on the backseat. @ caveman that spl sub is only $99-109 with good reviews I went on sundown site, they're not in that price range, you have any other subs in that price range?

Silver Member

Post Number: 861
Upload

2 CVR 12" at 0.88 cuft tuned to 36Hz (Red) - 800W RMS
1 2006 Solobaric L5 15" at 6 cuft tuned to 28Hz (Green) - 750W RMS
1 2006 Solobaric L5 15" at 6 cuft Sealed (Yellow) - 750W RMS

The 15" ported is best with F3 = 27Hz

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 366
Do u know much about the spl sub I mentioned?

Silver Member

Post Number: 862
I really don't know enough about it to recommend.

Silver Member

Post Number: 863
Upload

And there are your 2 CVR 6cuft@25Hz (on Violet) against the single L5 6cuft@30Hz (on Green), The L5 is able to match the loudness of the 2 CVRs but the CVRs will go lower on that huge enclosure.

So in many cases the subs are not the problem, it's the size of the enclosure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
See this is what happened to me, I bought something in a price range then later on I found something wayyyyyyy better for the exact some price. Just saying but the skars are having a deal.

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 367
I understand the 2nd chart better joe since I'm familiar with the 92db and up. Where do I stand now with the 2 cvr's in the .88 cu ft each ported @ 36hz on that 2nd graph?

Silver Member

Post Number: 864
Upload

You are peaking at 52 Hz, not much deep bass but better than the kenwoods I guess. The problem is the box but adding polyfill will lessen the lump.

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 368
I will add polyfill tomorrow, once I do will it get a lil deeper that'll be noticeable? And the reason why I wanted to go sealed is because its easier for me to build for a 15. Will the s15L5 sealed hit deeper bass than the 2 cvr's with polyfill in my current box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 870
No S.L.A.B. it will not add any bass but it will reduce midbass resonances which in turn maybe will let you hear better the lower end that is there, but expect little improvement, I'm suggesting the polyfill because is the only thing you can do with that setup right now.

The sealed L5 15" will not give you much better bottom end, take a look at the yellow curve on my post 861 here above, building a ported enclosure is not as hard as you think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us