Alpine pdx-1.600 MARINE. any use them?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3229
Was at work the other day (bestbuy) and noticed an Alpine PDX-1.600 marine amp sitting way up on top a shelf that had been ignored forever. I had noticed it in the past, but finally I pulled it down to check price, it was discontinued product and on clearance so I got it for $99.....freaking bad @ss!!!!

Anyways, has anyone used these? or can compare the output vs another unregulated amplifier? Is there a performance difference between the standard pdx and marine grade? Couldn't find anything online except the marine is $50 more retail. Think I'm gonna put this in my Jetta for a daily system.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3232
looks like just the casing is different, coated in a more weather resistent material. and different screws in the chassis as well. atleast thats all I could find.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 756
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13562_Alpine-Marine-PDX-1.600M.html

That was a good deal, it's not stable at 1 ohm, 600W, a good amp for a single 13w3v3 or something like that, I would just sell it for a profit.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3233
nah im gonna throw it in the jetta. Have a few bnib rd sonances may throw one of those in or build another one into a 15". also have an atomic manhatten motor and a couple different size baskets laying around, I may build up that. not sure yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us