Need Help!

Username: Jdubin94

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone.. I am new to the forum as well as car audio so I need some help.

I have an 06 Altima SL and I am looking to add a sub to my car.
I have a lot of questions so if you could help me out to the best of your ability, that would be terrific.

Now I DONT need something that is incredibly loud. I want something nice that will make a big difference in the bass but not too big. If you guys could give me some suggestions, that would be great. I know I need an amp but like I said, i am new to this stuff. How will I know if an amp will work with the sub I choose? What are some good brands for amps?

Also, In my trunk, there is an amp. My car comes with bose speakers and i think it has a small sub somewhere. Is that what the amp is connected to? When I talked to my friend, he said that the amp in the trunk would not work for a Sub that I plan on putting in. Is this true?

I am going to have more questions in the future but thats it for now..
Thank you everyone who helps me out.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14553
Look into the Infinity BassLink powered subwoofer. It is designed to integrate into factory audio systems to add some low end.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 581
There are hundreds of ready made setups for adding some bass to your system at different prices, take a look:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewcat.php?category_id=57&items_per_page=100&sor t_order=price_asc

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 322
If it were me i would rip out the bose crap and start from scratch... Big 3... better starting battery 0 gauge to the rear battery in the trunk... New Head unit... comp speakers in the front mid bass in the rear... 12" sub ported... 1 amp 4 channel for the speakers 1 mono for the sub.... deadener in the doors and trunk...

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 734
Fail recommendation for a nube

Silver Member

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 327
I am sorry but bose in a car is crap and a pain.... other options were already posted that could be simple additions such as the basslink, nothing wrong with that...

I was just stating an alternative view and frankly one that the OP would be happier with in the long run, sure it would be more effort and money but it would be an all around better setup...

Should the OP decide to go down that path I am sure we all would be willing to lend advice and guidance... just saying...

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 736
spot-on but he doesn't strike me as an audiophile or basshead...

Silver Member

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 329
right... but if you are going to do something do it right the first time... besides.... who says we cant convert him?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us