R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3570
too good for OT..

i'm no fan of Apple products but the man knew how to play the market..

"By NED POTTER (@NedPotterABC) and COLLEEN CURRY
Oct. 5, 2011

Steve Jobs, the mastermind behind Apple's iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMac and iTunes, has died, Apple said. Jobs was 56.

Apple did not reveal where Jobs died or from what cause -- though he has endured a battle with pancreatic cancer in recent years.

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today," read a statement by Apple's board of directors. "Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve. His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts."

The homepage of Apple's website this evening switched to a full-page image of Jobs with the text, "Steve Jobs 1955-2011."

Clicking on the image revealed the additional text: "Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."

Jobs co-founded Apple Computer in 1976 and, with his childhood friend Steve Wozniak, marketed what was considered the world's first personal computer, the Apple II.

Shortly after learning of Jobs' death, Wozniak told ABC News, "I'm shocked and disturbed."

Industry watchers called him a master innovator -- perhaps on a par with Thomas Edison -- changing the worlds of computing, recorded music and communications.

In 2004, he beat back an unusual form of pancreatic cancer, and in 2009 he was forced to get a liver transplant. After several years of failing health, Jobs announced on Aug. 24, 2011 that he was stepping down as Apple's chief executive...."

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/steve-jobs-apple-ceo-dies/story?id=14383813

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14559
now if apple would just die.. the world would be a better place

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 602
Google has been far more useful to everyone that Apple products will ever be. I will prefer to see innovation go into different directions rather than a bunch of companies playing catch-up with Apple. No one can deny I guess that genius Steve and his toys were unique though.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 732
All great things remembered were truly revolutionary. They changed the course of history and the way people live their lives. Sure, products sprung up soon after the apple II and the iphone, and some were even better...but he truly revolutionized technology and affected human behavior and thought drastically on a daily basis. He (and bill gates and zuckerburg and others like him) deflected the arrow of time flying through space. Now the deflection has occured, We are just along for the ride without the slightest inkling of the parallel universe that exists in which these momentous deflections never occured. What will give rise to the next deflection?? Helium 3? A cure for cancer and aids? Intergalactic travel via the recent successes with anti-matter? And where will it take us? Another planet in another galaxy with intelligent beings perhaps. Or allow our earth to live and prosper without worry of gas mileage and the economy? Yea....that one sounds good.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3571
he didn't revolutionize anything.. lol. he made a phone always outdated by android, a computer which pc dominates in about every category, and a music player that has dozens of rivals of the same capability. all of which were overpriced.

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 325
lol now a fight over apple and everything else... just simple... apple became a status symbol nothing else... just like harley davidson...

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 735
Eric, did the Volkswagen beetle "revolutionize" anything? NO
Did Jobs revolutionize anything? kinda.
He brought it mainstrean and created something that would define an era. I said that there were newer and better products made, but they were all perfecting on something APPLE and JOBS created.

Going by your logic, we could say that the wright brothers didn't revolutionize anything. Helll, their plane was made of wood! and barely moved! there are tons better planes around, what idiots those wright brothers were, haha a plane out of wood.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 741
And saying having a harley is a status symbol is like saying having sundown is just a status symbol IMO. Not trying to be difficult, just, well,....maybe just a little

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14560
apple is still a hipster cult following look-at-me company. as noted above, they mass produce crap that other companies have already done, and done better.
apple is a lot like sony in that regard.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 743
I concurr

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8659
sundownz status symbol?? i dont see any celebrity running sundown..

in car audio jl audio is more of a status symbol in the car audio industry.. if your talking competitions.. dd or fi or whatever the new underground hype is wich only like 1% of the world wide car audio customers know about..

so jl audio is more of a status symbol in the car audio industry..

FYI

i own some pretty sick jl audio equipment and they are worth the money.. yes their expensive but ur not gonna see any amplifier to pump less than 0.05%THD over 4-1.5ohms.. sundownz are like 0.9%THD wich is really terrible and for how much they cost.. they produce alot of watts but not as clean as jl audio..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us