Need help on wiring 2 12in alpine type r's to a 2 channel amp and there dual voice coil??

Username: Zman33z

Crooksville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1
i have 2 alpine type r's and a boss 1200 watt 2 channel amp and im not real sure how to hook them up because the subs are dual voice coil any ideas >?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 161
It would be best to list the exact model for the amp and subs

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1282
There is only one Amplifier at this time that Boss produces with the "1200 Watts MAX" rating, and that's the Boss PH2.600. This Amplifier has the following specs:

- 230 Watts RMS x2 (4 Ohms)
- Not Stable at 2 Ohms
- Not Stable at 1 Ohm
- 460 Watts RMS Bridged (4 Ohms)

With these specs, you can't even power one Alpine Type-R properly. In my opinion, I suggest taking the Boss amplifier back, and looking into something different that can do the job better.

However, if you have the DVC 4 Ohm versions of the Alpine Type-R's, you can wire your Subwoofers in a Series/Parallel circuit to create a 4 Ohm load. This way, you can use the Bridged option on this Amplifier. Below is a link on how the connection should look:

http://images.the12volt.com/12voltimages/2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

If you purchased the DVC 2 Ohm version of the Alpine Type-R's, then im sorry to say but you are SOL. Unless you purchase an Amplifier that is 2 Ohm or 0.5 Ohm stable, I suggest just taking everything back and starting over.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us