Give me your advice

Username: Zackdakota

Post Number: 1
What I have is a 1999 Dodge Dakota single cab.
What I have it is 2 Pioneer Premiers Pro Series in a custom built downfireing ported center console.
I have a jbl 7001 pusheing them. I know going bigger would be to much on alternater.

So I nice some advise on what to do I know I need a new alternater. Not sure what amp that? Az
also know I need a new one not sur what type

and to end it what amp you recomend to push my subs
and recomended cap

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12694
you can pick up an alternator in the 200A range that will do the job with some breathing room to spare for about $300-350.

capacitors aren't really needed, but if you insist on having one, look for anything in the 2Fd, 16 to 20V range.

Username: Zackdakota

Post Number: 2
Where can I find one at. I might not be looking in the right place but for my truck I could only find a 130 amp alt

So if you could me a link or give me any help

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12697
find out the type of casing your alternator uses (Delco, Denso, etc) then just talk to an alternator and starter shop. Find out what the biggest one they can wind for you would be. Else, you can search on google or ebay for that casing, and see what comes up.

If you have more to spend, you can look at companies like Wrangler, Ohio Generator, Motor City Reman, Stinger, Iraggi, or Lestek
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us