Wondering what to offer on sub box.

Username: Minderaser66

Milford, Connecticut United States

Post Number: 4
Hey All,
I have a pretty good system in my truck, 2-12" kicker cvr's in a sealed box, powered by 2 fosgate 5002's, alpine 4 channel running polk 6x9's in the front and rear doors and 2 memphis highs up in the front pillars. it sounds pretty damn good on the inside and out.
My wife has shown some interest in a small system in her explorer and I've found several different sub boxes on cl. I'm not buying new as the I believe most new stuff is overpriced and over rated. I found a Power Acoustik dual 12" sub box loaded with P2 subs and I feel for the wife, they would be a good start. It's a best offer situation and I was thinking around 125.00 -140.00 tops. From what I've seen, thats about the going rate around here for that box. The guy did have them advertised for 250.00 last week. Maybe they are worth closer to 200.00 but idk. Any thoughts on price? I don't need any PA sucks or stuff like that. Everyone has their opinion and PA wouldnt be and isnt the choice for my ride. The subs are rated at 700w rms, 1,400 peak. dual coils and should be decent if I get them at the right $ amount... Thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1310
The Rockford Fosgate P2's are $70 Brand New, so I would assume a used P2, depending on it's condition, would go for anywhere from $35-$55.

I really can't find any info on pricing for a Power Acoustik enclosure. Depending on it's condition, a fair market price is probably anywhere from $50-$100.

If you can get everything for under $140, I'd say go for it.

I know you said that buying Brand New isn't your thing, but allow me to show you some Sub + Enclosure packages for under $140 that may peak your interest:

Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_37483_500W-Rockford-Fosgate-P1S4-12-Enclosur e-Bass-Package.html

JL Audio CS112-WX:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33513_JL-Audio-CS112-WX.html

RE Audio REX10D4:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_36613_300W-RE-Audio-REX10D4-Subwoofer-RE-Aud io-Enclosure-Package.html

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the reply. I didnt make myself clear. The enclosure itself is made by scorpion, the subs in it are power acoustik p2 12" subs. I looked them up and the guy is correct, they are rated at 700w rms, 1,400 peak. I actually had a pair of fosgate p2 10" subs awhile ago. I really didnt like them but I didnt pay a whole hell of a lot for them. They were only rated for 250w rms and while hooked to a fosgate p5002 amp they didnt sound very good. Granted , it could have been incorrect enclosure/ports but I wasnt very impressed with the 10's. I'm sure the 12's are a lot better. I own 2 p5002 amps and love them, never had a problem.Knock on wood..
I threw the kid an offer of 140.00, waiting to hear back. I feel from what I've read about the Power Acoustiks that 140.00 is fair for the both of us. They are not the latest model but they are a decent model. I will have to hear them before I make the final purchase. If they sound good, I wouldnt have a prob w 140.00. Thanks again..

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1311
Ok, well the Power Acoustik P2's are once agin $75 brand new, so they should still have the used price of around $35-$55.

If this guy will not accept $140, then I say look into something different. You shouldn't have to spend a penny more on something like that, especially since it's Power Acoustiks.

Post Number: 6
Hi,
Thanks again for the reply,
I withdrew my offer on the subs. I did a little more research into them and most of what I saw looked decent but not worth 140.00. More like 75.00 to 90.00 would be more in the ballpark. Anyway, I'm looking at an ad now with 2 12" kicker subs. The post doesn't say what model they are so I sent him an email. He only wants 125.00 and the ad says they are less than a year old. I need a little more info out of him. I did however find, dont laugh until you read more, a powertek amp for 40.00. Its a street machine 1200w 2 channel in really new condition. i didnt have the time to look them up, It was a situation where a friend of a friend was selling it last night. I spend 40.00 on lunch sometimes so I couldnt go wrong on that one. I hooked it up last night to my kicker 12"cvr's and its fine for my wifes ride. Now I just need a box and She'll be all set. I already replaced all the door speakers with infinitys and they are still in good shape.
Thanks Again....

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1312
If you are still looking for the Specs on the Autotek SM2-1200, look no further:

-4 ohms: 300 watts x 2 chan.
-2 ohms: 600 watts x 2 chan.
-MAX Bridged, 4 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

This Amplifier is not CEA-2006 Compliant, however is should still be able to supple enough Watts RMS to two entry level Kicker Subwoofers.

Not sure what you offered for the 12" Kickers, but below is a link for two Brand new Kicker 07C124 Subwoofers for $119.98 which you can wire in Parallel to create a 2 Ohm load:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13253_2-Pack-of-Kicker-07C124.html

Or, if you would like to give that 4 Ohm Bridged a shot, you can look into some Kicker CVR124's. Here is a link below with a package of two for $169.99. Keep in mind you would need to wire these in Series/Parallel to aquire a 4 Ohm load.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9347_2-Pack-of-Kicker-CVR124-07CVR124-CVR12- Dual-4-ohm.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us