Very basic question.

Username: Swee7an

Daytona Beach, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
hello,

this is my first post, i know my question might sound stupid but i know nothing about car audio systems.

okay. i bought 4 standered speakers:

TS-162
4 ohms
20w normal, 80w max

and also i bought a standered (very cheap) head unit (cd player), i connected everything without an amplifier.

few months later somke started comming from the head unit it it stoped working snice that day.

i came yesterday and connected all 4 speakers togather with the audio jack. after that i bought a CD-player (like one of those : http://www.ckm.pl/archiv/gadzety/odtwarzacze/g3.jpg )

i connected the jack to the cd player but when i turn the volume all the way up the sound is not that load,

i mean if i was driving the car 45 mph with the windows open, i wouldn't hear whatever was playing in the CD player.

do i need an amplifier? if yes, what kind/brand of an amplifier ?

i know this might sound like a joke but i don't wanna spend high $$ on a car that might worth no more than a thousand dollars.

so what shall i do ?!

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 418
I think what happened is a wire or something came loose behind your Head Unit and touched something it wasnt supposed to. What you need is a new Head Unit. By hooking up that set up it probavly isnt giving you the sound quility or the loudness you want because of it.

Bronze Member
Username: Siryoink

VA

Post Number: 12
Man, I seriously hope you're joking.

A portable cd player like that has something to the effect of a 2w power output. You'd need an amp to use that. But that's ridiculous to hook up a cd player up to an amp, if you really want a cheap way out just get one of those $50 Pyramid head units. They suck, but I hear they're capable of outputting some form of sound.

Post Number: 2
thanks guys,

i did what Pat Lorenz said, and now i am re-wireing the rear and front speakers.

SirYoink:
well, i was about to do it to be honest :D ... i changed my mind.

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 419
Let me know how it turns out!

Post Number: 3
ok another problem came up, i had this problem also with the old head unit

now i am playing a CD, if i turn or there is a bump on the road the speakers shut of sometimes!

there is no sound coming but the CD is still playing.

i checked all the speakers/power connections and nothing is wrong with them.

is it the speakers or something else ?!

Post Number: 4
ok another problem came up, i had this problem also with the old head unit

now i am playing a CD, if i turn or there is a bump on the road the speakers shut of sometimes!

there is no sound coming but the CD is still playing.

i checked all the speakers/power connections and nothing is wrong with them.

is it the speakers or something else ?!

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 422
It has to be a bad connection, its probably on the wires out of the HU, or something. I dont know any other reason for speakers shuting off because of a sudden movement or bump.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us