Diamond Audio D6 1000.1

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3468
Im getting one Trading the AQ 1200 for it. Now I dont wanna hear "dont trade the AQ for that!" or "you're rippin yourself off" etc etc. Im not happy with my AQ but thats another thread.

Anyways I would like to hear any opinions on the D6 1000.1 Or any personal experience with Diamond amplifiers at all. Ive always liked the way Diamonds amps looked and have always wanted to try one out. I know this amp will do rated power for sure but are they under rated at all? How efficient are they? Discuss please.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3182
Diamond is known for making good stuff. Heck I'd do the trade if it was mine. Never used a d6 1000.1 but I did own a 15" D6 moofer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3472
I would love to try a Diamond subwoofer too. VMinnovations or whatever that site is called has some deals on D3 and D6 subs.

Oh yea I found a D6 450.2 for $130 shipped bnib to match my 1000.1 I will be getting that as soon as I have the extra money. Says they have more than 10 available so Im sure they will still have some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-AUDIO-D6450-2-2-CHANNEL-AMP-CAR-AMPLIFIER-NEW-/13052 8342987?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item1e641873cb

Gold Member

Post Number: 3490
Got it today and installed it. All I can say is Im in love with Diamond now! Diamond > AQ by far!!!! This bad boy puts my AQ to shame in every way. In SQ,loudness,looks, just everything about this amp is awesome! For being rated 1000wrms at 1ohm it moves the fluck outta my sub and hits the low notes excellent. Way more so than my AQ could ever think about doing. I only listened for 10-15mins and just did a quick setup with the amp settings,I will have to fine tune it later. Oh and another thing,for those of you that remember my AQ amp thread,there were a few people telling me I needed to turn up my "sub level" on my Alpine hu to get the full voltage signal to my amp,well I had to turn it up to +15 to get my AQ to sound ok but like I said I never had to turn that up with any other amps I had. So with the Diamond I turned it back down to +1 and the Damond amp still beats the hell out of my AQ. I knew I didnt have to turn the sub level all the way up on my HU,I never had to with any amp besides my AQ and I didnt have to with the Diamond. Maybe you really do have to turn the sub level to +15 to get the full signal to your amp but I like keeping it turned down b/c I like knowing if I want a little more "boom" I can always turn the sub level up a notch. With the AQ I didnt have that headroom,I had to keep it turned to the max and even had to keep the bass boost on the amp itself turned up pretty high just to get my sub moving. I am dead set on getting a matching 4 or 2ch D6 for my comps now!

Sorry for the long post but Im excited about my new amp! If you dont feel like reading that then here is the bottom line

Diamond Audio amps FTMFW!!! And Diamond >>>>>>>AQ!!

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1381
I told you you weren't gonna be disappointed on the diamond lol.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2268
FIND A 600.4 RIGHT MEOW!!!!!

Matching Diamon Audio amps would be just dead sexxy! Also, upload a vid pronto so we can see this badboy.

Question: Is the amp big, physically? big/small footprint?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3492
A 600.4 would be ideal since its the same year D6 as my 1000.1 but if I cant find one of those I will just get a 450.2 D6. I know its from the 08 series D6 and they are a little different in size but the case and logos are still the same. I really do need to make a vid but I gotta warn you,my truck and install job is a mess right now lol! I really need to clean up all the wires and vacuum my truck. Oh and I will need to find my cam first lol. I wouldnt say the amp is big but it is definately wider than most amps in the same power range. It was about the same length as my AQ but it was quite a bit wider. Not big by any means tho.

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 204
Well, glad to hear that Diamond amp does the job, even though AQ amps are beast . Jus wondering tho, how high is your gain with sub level at +1. And what model did you say your HU was again?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3497
Gain is a little less than half I think. My HU is Alpine CDA-9813

Gold Member

Post Number: 3504
I just found a 600.4 on the 'bay I am bidding on it. You fuggers better not bid me up either!

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1383
ill bid on it now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3505
I hope you do and hope you outbid me so youre stuck buying it lol.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5834
give me money chyea ;)

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4420
Look at this guy! ^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums