Wtf happened to this site

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2637
I remember this site in its glory days when it could actually compete with all the other car audio forums i kind of got out of the car audio game for a while and as soon as i got back in it I check this site and find this??? no traffic and still a crappy boring setup compared to other websites. Chad? Yanks? Rob? where did everyone go

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5904
I'm still here, doing my thang on enclosures.

Dustin

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2638
Sup Dustin any of the other box makers still around Rovin, BJ, and Mark potts? lmao or what about wheeler? ROFL

Gold Member

Post Number: 5905
sup man, where u been?

-- not really... there are many around, but alot of them do it locally. Have u checked out my site?

www.dldesignz.com

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2639
looks legit bro nice design as well your work is still top notch keep it up

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3411
yeah man, times have a' changed around these parts..

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8584
M.S fu.cked it up

Bronze Member
Username: Atreidies

Houston, TX

Post Number: 88
Or it was all of the idiots spamming about their g.ay online "AltLife" game. I'm with Raycist. 2 years ago, when I first came on here, it was a bunch of hardcore pipe-hitting motherf.uckers. With noobs of course, but now it seems like a bunch of pant.y waisted flower pickers.

Jus' sayin'

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8585
HA

who the fu.ck are you???

nobody thats who...

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3627
Haven't really been around here much either.

Just a matter of time before E dies off completely.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11761
" Or it was all of the idiots spamming about their g.ay online "AltLife" game. "

This.

For real, I'm not exactly sure what happened. I know this site is not getting anywhere near the google hits that it used to, so it's lost most of it's traffic. Why that happened I don't know.

But yeah, you're not the first to make a "this forum sucks now" thread. In fact I did when first saw it start happening.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2640
ahhh M.S how i miss people with their photoshoped Alpine fanboy pics of you haha good times i miss the old lil john blew my sub threads and Brad warren always talking about his countless groupie stories

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12072
Meh, I check in here and there still but never post. I miss all my nikkas on here.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24474
Good ole days are gone. Lilrob and Driving always at it, Wolfman being.....who he is lol, controversy over Chauncey and Logan and a few others, witty humor from Muddy, weekly setup changes from Chad, Polo's hard azz input, girlfriend pic threads, ect, ect, ect..........

2006 to late 2007 were some of the most entertaining times.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16712
oh how i wish things could be back like they were

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3622
girlfriend pic threads were always a hit. Brad always had some hotties. I'm still here every day, its my homepage, I just never post. Got out of car audio and dont keep up with it. I do miss the old forum though

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16928
imo what happened is alot of other car audio sites have appeared & almost every manufacturer has its own forum too so the herd has been thinned to other forums

E not upgrading its site is not helping its cause either ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16718
your prob right rovin

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2641
look at al the 06ers up in here

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16723
04 here to stay baby

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4852
How about a complete lack of giving a sh!t by whoever owns this site? Brian something I think?

Imagine if he had just made a few veteran members moderators a few years ago. The site would have a much stronger following in my opinion. We begged and begged during the "good old days" that some of us mentioned above. We could've easily kept this place free of all the spam and bullsh!t, kept the site looking updated and current. Oh what could've been.

There have been a hundred "what happened to this place" threads. Whatever happened, it happened a long time ago and I doubt much is going to improve. If it weren't for some really cool people I've met over the years, who I thoroughly enjoy shooting the sh!t with, I wouldn't come here.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 420
"04 here to stay baby"
Hopefully not we dont need any more spammers here....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16729
the site does and always did have a family type attitude which i like about ecoustics

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16730
What would we do without your always negative attitude treo?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24476
Brian is a business man, first and foremost. He is sadly also the only moderator on this site. Like Pitt stated this place is run the way it's been run for years for a reason and that's for Brian to sleep with at night. It's a billboard with a price tag and ironically the means in which this place has been run is killing itself. It refuses to evolve with the times and us "old dogs" of yesterday are so very tired of it, and there are some much older dogs than me I can tell ya.

I too come here myself just for the passing sparring sessions or intelligent talk in the OT/movie section. Car audio is a thing of the past for me and apparently many others and the pool of knowledge has dwindled here to say the least. So why do I still log in? Creature of habit I guess. You say goodbye to some and say hello to others. We all grow in our own ways eventually.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2208
about the gf pics, was it Polo who had the pic off the girl with the fine azz, but you could tell he took from inside cause you could see the blinds? lulz

M.S. still loves pioneer everything.

I still come on here every once in a while but never really post anything much. Only come on here if i need some input on new gear. I got my truck pretty much set now so its not a priority anymore.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5890
Ecoustics' numbers (daily page views + unique visitors) are down almost 20% from this time last year. But it still gets 50k page views a day, and the revenue (gross) is only about $175 a day. That is a pathetic gross from that many page views. Subtract server bandwidth and other costs, and this site makes very little profit.

It's very simple what happened: Kids join up, learn a few things in a week or two, and then consider themselves experts -- worthy of dealing out knowledge on various questions. This confused the askers and had a domino effect where people stopped asking questions, because they figured out that nobody qualified would answer them. And when the legit questions started going away, so did the long-time regulars... Glasswolf tried to return, and it went very well for awhile, but then these retard kids started making stupid comments to him and answered the questions that they had no business being involved in, even after Glass had answered the question as good as anyone can. So he left again, and I don't blame him.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1541
I think the site will pick back up eventually. It seems to have its peaks. This is where I learned most of what I know about car audio and its the primary car audio forum I frequently visit. I'm not even sure how I came to find E, but I'm glad I did.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3310
"04 here to stay baby"

Hell Im still here! Registered May of 04 but have been around since 03,back when you could post as anonymous,lmao those were the fun days! How bout Twiz for super mod-2012? I have no life so I would always be on and wouldnt mind banning a few members lol!

I check E at least once a day,every day. I just dont do much posting anymore. Honostly Ive been doing a lot of posting on CACO and even CA. I actually really like the simple layout of CACO. There isnt tons and tons of noobs,spammers, and drama on CACO like there is on CA so thats a plus. Even though I still post on CA way more than I used to,I still like CACO better. And just as of about a week ago,Ive joined DIYMA and I am starting to like that site very much too. E will always be my home but as far as posting serious questions or trying to sell some things,I will stick with CACO,CA and DIYMA. I really like how E has way less members than any other forum b/c if you're around long enough you really get to know the members almost on a personal level. But lets face it,E is in desperate need of a makeover. I just dont like the overall look of the forum. I dont like how when you post a response it goes to a preview first,I dont know about you guys but it seems like E takes forever to do that. I like how ca/cacao have the option for a "quick reply", that saves a lot of time and you can respond and get responses faster than on E. I love how ca/cacao have the itrader feedback system,that is really nice if you buy/sell/trade a lot. And the PM system on E is just plain stupid lol. I never PM on here b/c it is so slow and you would probably get a faster response from the person by just making a thread with their name as title. So overall if you want a close connection with the members then E is the place to come but if you're just after a quick response to a question or trying to unload some gear,then CA,CACO,or even DIYMA are the way to go.

But then again E is not just a car audio forum. Thats probably a big reason why it does not get a forth of the traffic CA gets. Another thing,E needs mods to keep things in line. E just needs a complete makeover with a new layout,a simple basic forum layout would make it way better IMO. It needs a new PM system,avatars would be a cool addition,more mods or A mod lol,maybe more advertising the site and we would get more traffic,and if all the regulars and knowledgable members on here would actually post a helpful response to the newer members,then maybe once people came here they would actually stay. Seems like now days if a newer member posts a legit question the older members will reply with a smartass remark and suggest no help at all. I wish we could all take a vote to give this site a makeover along with mods and the whole nine. I actually do like the fact that E is not just a car audio forum but has a wide variety of subjects to interest a variety of people,seems like that alone would be enough to attract more members but like I said its just the whole layout of this forum and lack of supervision I think that makes people come and go so fast.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3631
Now who's actually going to read all that.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4853
Probably anyone who has completed the second grade and/or isn't intimidated by two paragraphs.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 451
It scared me. I didn't read it.

Oh, and for those of you wondering, trolls like myself have caused the downfall of this site. Sorry.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24481
I read it all Twiz. I appreciate the effort it took to lay it all down.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11766
I'm in that 04 club, just not under this username. Hell I started posting here as anonymous back when you could actually do that.. lol

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 288
You guys are lazy, go read all 20 of my informative 5000-word posts. How do you think I racked up such a high post count in so little time?

Username: Admin

Post Number: 9508
From TWiZTiD...

quote:

I dont like how when you post a response it goes to a preview first,I dont know about you guys but it seems like E takes forever to do that.

Under Preferences of your account, there is a checkbox to skip the preview screen.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16776
admin has been reading our thread

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2719
i just popped in to say hi. havent been on in a few years.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3312
Thanks Ehern and Paul!

Admin,I didnt know that! Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3313
Testing

Gold Member

Post Number: 3314
Cool,much faster.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11772
Dang, lots of old timers showin up in here... now where are justin ogle and joe blanford?... those guys were funny but just up and disappeared a while back

Gold Member

Post Number: 3316
I think they were arrested a few years ago. Turned out they had underage boys locked in their basement and forced them to do things.............terrible things

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2720
what about the van man? the dude that had 85 different brands of speakers and amps mounted to his roof in his work van and a jlw7 seatbelted in the back seat? that dude rocked!

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11773
haha yeah marc from boston... and ctmike what about him.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16777
van man recently disappeared

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12077
Wow! Tremor?? How the hell ya been bud?

God I could sit here and name 1000 names and ask where they were.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2721
oh, been better. hope all has been well with u. kinda cool seein some old school.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24488
Marc has been around. Just like many old timers they are reluctant in posting because this place is a different world today. Same look but different members. It's like college. It's not always the institution but who you share it with.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5446
In for posterity .......I check in to read. Just dont have much to say.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 334
lmao, when glasswolf, jon, an issac were here that was the time to be on ecoustic, why do you think they left? cuz of all the immature ppl on here forum went downhill ever since then. the admin doesnt give a sh1t an theres no mods well that might be a good thing dont want another ca lol. but this forum is great for a random chuckle

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 429
I agree with what everyone else has said. My post count is low because I mostly have the sense to know not to post when I do not know a water bottle from a can of beans. That is unfortunately not the thinking behind the youth that post here a lot. All of you old school vets need to come back and add ACTUAL car stereo/ installation knowledge back to the forum. The people who post now have the "unique" ability to copy and paste instructions ,without the years of experience and know-how to back-up said instructions.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4472

Username: Canaanwhiite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 9
i plan on being on here to the end lol

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1638
I may be late to the party but still bumpin. i went from Dual to Infinity to a Type R to now my Fi- Q and a whole new ride. Ditched the coaxils for Componets. Made my current system all bleend with stock interior. I added a 500 gig Hdd to the mix in the glovebox I still try to contact Dave but his damn Aim is always on mobile. I still need help getting blueprints to build my Fi - Q 12 enclosure sealed. Any takers?

Btw is Chad Lee still around, I didn't hear any mentions about him?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1981
talk to bassman3 / dustin / http://www.dldesignz.com/

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3151
I feel the need to post something...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5909
good thread for O.G.'s

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 739
I check in at least once a day. Why? This is THE forum that helped me through 2 of my projects. If it weren't for the few on here who really give a crap, I would probably be running JL with a sealed prefab box and crappy components. I agree with Flat, I try not to post if I don't know what I'm talking about. I like CACO and CA to sell on, and maybe post once every 3 months. Too many people on there for me. Shout out to deathoob, sean, Sean P, Glasswolf, Bassman3, Canaan (the real one), Paul Larrea, Yanks Fan, M.S., and anyone else that has helped me. E 4 Life! LOL If I forgot anyone, please do not be offended.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16999
back at cha bro!

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1639
I'm not gonna lie I learned everything about bass and componets through almost everyone who has posted here. I am extreamly thankful for that, My knowledge has fluctuated over the years but I still come back to my roots here or try to understand some of the scientific ways GlassWolf describes things on his website. Overall it truely is a family. You drift apart but you all share that common bond that excited you. The first time you turned on the radio and wre awoken by just what music can sound like. After a long day of work, nothing allows me to let go other then getting in my car turning it up and just being encased in sound. For that audio will remain in my blood next to engines, Muscle Cars and speed.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1640
Thanks Deathoob

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

RE AUDIO

Post Number: 638
i used to come here....

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2600
what up
ecoustics is just alright with me ecoustics is just alright

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Atlantic City Baltim..., , NJ/MD

Post Number: 1166
this forum, yo shi* isnt the same around here since the new guys came and oldheads that new a little somthin left

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Atlantic City Baltim..., , NJ/MD

Post Number: 1167
^x2

Silver Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 132
been here reading forever

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3292
What's up ecoustics? how are we all doing?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24700
Well if some of you young knowledgeable flucks would stick around and post more we wouldn't have threads like these.

Silver Member
Username: Kickerman

Post Number: 279
ive been here never ever really posted but have always read

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 623
^^ 4.65 posts per MONTH on average^^

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 447
Despite the lack of bells and whistles on this site.... i'm still around

Although I don't anticipate arriving at the 1000 post anytime this century... lol

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 4902
I sure do miss the golden days. This site use to be family. Nightly eCoustics Chat. Racists jokes. Attacking threads with bumps, etc. I would be on this site for hours. Brads hot girlfriends.

And now I come on this site and it feels like everyones a stranger....Even trying to talk to old members on facebook it feels like were strangers. I remember when we had ecoustics chat. We would say, will this ever die out. Sadly it did. Damn, good times.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 997
It's sad, I just logged in for the first time in years.. E just lost its appeal after a while, which I think can be attributed to a host of factors. Props to the veterans though, always. I learned everything I know from spending my younger years pouring over your posts for days at a time.

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 143
Well, im just gonna come out and say I don't really know any of you considering I got into car audio around 1 year ago. But I can safely say that 90% of what I learned about car audio was either directly from this forum or stemmed somehow from here to other sources.

I don't want to sound egocentric but I do consider myself to be a pretty knowledgeable person when it comes to some topics in car audio as a result of reading old threads and asking questions. Im sure I have learned something from most of you older members and I don't think its quite time to throw in the towel.

just my .02

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 144
edited
**** not sure why it posted twice, only hit Post Message once....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us