Your thoughts on SQ setup.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2725
ok guys. ive been out of this for a few years. life caught up with me. lol. anyway. the car is a 1997 ford t-bird super coupe. i need advice for a nice SQ head unit and a nice sounding and powerful component set that i can beat on for a while. i guess most guys would call what im looking for is SQL stuff. idk. im going to add a 3sixty.3 to all of this when everything is finally in. and a 2 way set or midbass in the backseats. sub setup is complicated. basically im going to do like a truck blowthrough from the trunk through the rear deck above the backseat. hoping it sounds good and eliminates trunk rattles. any help with that is appreceated too. lol.

i was thinking any higher line eclipse head unit would be good and for component sets the rockford fosgate power series and the pioneer premiers. both are supposed to be pretty nice and theyre both under 200 for the set.

sorry for the huge post. :/ thanks guys!

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2726
oh and im gonna do some kind of fiberglass pods for the component set. im goin for rockin sound. so yeah.
and im thinking of getting an old school rockford amp to power the component set. ok. thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2246
if you get a high enough end HU you can forget about the 3sixty. Eclipse, Alpline, or Pioneer Premier are all good companies. just look around.

Whats your price range for individual components of the system? and System as a whole?

Speakers that get really loud and sound crystal clear =Hertz, DLS, CDT (hasnt been mentioned on her in a while but the PSS sound amazing, i used to have them)..

many ooptions for every component of a system, just need to identify the price range

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3167
Pics of the super coupe?? i remember when i was younger riding around my sisters '96 LX 4.6L with straight pipes... loved that car.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2727
i would say 500 for the head unit, 300 for the component set and no budget for the amplifier since im pretty set on old school rockford fosgate.

sub amp i am probably going to do the 2500w RF constant power amp and not sure on subs yet. open to suggestions. must be loud and healthy. im probably going to set the woofer budget to 400 apiece and will probably only be able to do 10"s.

this is how i want to do the box for the trunk. its a ported box, subs back and port back. it will vent through the rear deck.

Upload

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2728
oh, i know the box looks funky but dont pay attention to the gray areas. i want this install to be clean. and im going to make the box look like its just part of the trunk in a way. idk, alot of thinking but i want this install to stay in here as long as i have the car. im getting around a 300 amp alt and a few of whatever some of the best batteries are right now. well see how it turns out. i just hope the box doesnt sound like shet. :/

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2729
and somedonniedude, ill post a few pics soon and be sure to let u know since you showed intrest.

theyre fun cars and drive like cadillacs. and mine has the 4.6. its a decent motor for the car and this one has been babied its whole life i think.

before installing subwoofer stage im going to do catbacks. borla. very humble sound for these cars.

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 235
2 SSA Xcons, XS Power Batts, Mechman Alt. CDT components. Second Skin the doors. I have everything listed except for the xcons and getting the mechman as soon as i get the money. I want to try the xcons as well.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2730
ok were on the right track. ive never personally heard CDT components but heard nothing bad about them. ok this is what im kickin around right now.

eclipse head unit (probably a copper body)
rockford fosgate power component set
old school rockford power for component set
two surreal innovations j816-10" woofers(2300rms)
one rockford fosgate 2500 constant power amp (will end up with 2)
custom "whatever you wanna call it" blowthrough rear deck ported enclosure lol.
mechman alternator
XS power batteries
best rockford fosgate wiring
sound deadening everywhere and fiberglass pods of some sort for 6.5" woofers.

im not striving for perfection but im hoping to have the best sounding setup to date.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16977
DLS or Morel comps on ebay ...

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 593
Build log?? With pics and vids.....

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 236
i have read about fake morel comps on ebay though...im pretty sure...or were they dyn's....hmmm cant remember but with one of those you gotta know ur stuff. I read on their website, whichever one it was, and it showed side by side pics and the differences between the real and the fake and they were pretty subtle

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2731
i will be sure to post pics.

and oops, the car is not a super coupe, its a sport coupe.

also, for sub stage im thinking 6 or 8 sundown 8"s.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 570
Didn't read the posts besides your first one.
but a couple ideas I would do myself if it was my build is. For head unit I really like the alpine cda 117. For comps I would stay away from rockford and pioneer. I know pioneers higher end set sound great on like acoustic guitars and drums but they have a very laid back sound that I just don't like. Just sounds very un realistic after a bit of listening. I enjoy the sound of dls and dynaudio. I own morels too and I just don't think they compare for the price.
And for sub stage I think 2500 watts is to much. You can be very impressed with 800 watts plus keeps the cost of electrical down.
And I like dls subs for extremely smooth sounding and accurate bass that is transparent.

That's just some of my thoughts I am going to be getting a new car soon and those are some of the ideas I have for myself for a sound quality set up
My car is extremely loud right now but when I want to listen to music it just doesn't please my ears. Instead makes them rattle lol
And from experience doing sql type set ups for friends 600 watts is plenty for a clean sounding sub stage
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us