OS Orion HCCA 250r

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3249
I was just browsing caraudioclass. and seen these amazing amps

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71304

Ive always loved OS Orion amps and I am really thinking about buying one of those since the price is fair and they are in amazing condition. The amp is rated for 800wrms @ 1ohm but rated at 12v,so how many watts should I really expect from one of these? I was considering one for my sub and my subs is 1250wrms. Do you think with a 230alt amp I could get around 1200wrms from one of these Orions or is that pushing it? Has anyone done any real testing at 14.4volts on one of these? In your opinions how many watts would I really be getting out of one of these amps?

The reason Im posting so many threads is I really need a new sub amp so I can see what my sub can really do. Right now according to JBLs manual my JBL bpx500.1 is only giving my sub 718wrms @ 4ohms and if this Orion doesnt actually put out that much more then I probably wont notice a diff. Thats why I was hoping the Orion really does more like 1200wrms @ 14.4volts

So far Ive been considering the AQ 1200,this Orion,JBL GTO14001 theres on on ebay right now for a good price,and a few others.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1102
I cant answer any of your questions lol,but i used to have a couple of those amps back in the day an they are pretty bad azz! You just cant beat old school orion.

As far as your other options tho, the aq1200d just makes the most sense to me. You cant find a better amp than that for the money.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3254
I actually just bought the Audioque 1200d off a guy on caraudio.com
I just couldnt pass up the deal he offered me. Dont tell anyone but I got it for $165 shipped Next up is a matching AQ 4ch

But yes old school is the sh*t! Especially OS Orion stuff! If I had more money I would buy one of his Orions just to have one.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1104
Cant beat that deal! I acually have the aq4x90 as well. Both really good amps.

Love the old school amps. I wished i would have held on to some of the ones i used to have. I just missed out on a Audio Art 100hc in near mint cond for $100. By the time i got off work it was sold.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 4888
Your gonna like the AQ amps twiz. At first I was a little bit skeptical but man, my components get loud! It sounds like pure power. I think they're just about as loud as when I had them on the JL 450/4 @ 150rms each side but now they getting only 90. Since I probably won't go with rear speakers anymore since the fronts are so loud, I might bridge the 4 channel to get more power to my components or go active.

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhiite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 20
most of that old crap is wore out don't waste your money by something with a warranty

Gold Member

Post Number: 3387
Old crap? Wow lmao! This thread is like 2 months old lol. But yea "old crap" > you.

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhiite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 28
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us