Anyone hear CS 265 X-PLAIN PRO - RAINBOW 6.5" COMPONENT SYSTEM or have exp with

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16922
as the title states......im looking for accurate sound non aggressive in nature but able to go sub 80 hz if possible

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16924
how would these compare

CXS62 V.2 IMAGE DYNAMICS 6.5" 2-OHM COMPONENT SPEAKERS

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16925
heres a review of those so they are out

Review of new Image Dynamics CXS62 Components
Slimdawg
Resident Drug Dealer

Loc: Land of Music

Since no one had anything to say about these before, I'll post my review of them.

I recently replaced my version 1 CXS62 with the version 2 set. I also upgraded my amp, the old set was running off 60 watts x 2 from a PPI-5440 and the new set is powered by a JL 300/2v2. The difference in power might be influencing this review, so keep that in mind.

Honestly, the difference between the two is impressive. The midbass in particular is greatly improved. The old version could not be fed anything lower than about 80-90hz without bottoming out at moderate-high volumes. I am not using any crossovers aside from the passives included with the speakers, and I was informed by a tech at ID that with these passives the midbass is allowed to roll off naturally in the lower frequencies.

The result is a set of speakers that blends extremely nicely with the subwoofer in my system. The sound stage seems about a foot wider, with the extremes seeming to come from about an inch outside the doors. The sound is rich, and the biggest problem I have with the set is that the increased midbass has unleashed several new rattles and buzzes in my mostly plastic doors that will have to be hunted down and silenced.

The tweeter is largely very similar to the previous nx-30 in the version 1, the only differences I can notice is that they seem brighter, and fatigue the ears a bit more, however this could be due to the increased power.

When pushed to the limits, the crossovers get quite hot, and I have not confirmed this with ID, but the speakers cut out and then faded back in after a few seconds and then out again. I believe this is due to the crossovers overheating, and I am not sure if this would have damaged them. They still sound fantastic, so I am not too worried about it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16927
or these

DLS® X-PROGRAM X-SD62 6-1/2" COMPONENT SPEAKERS X-SD-62

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16928
or these

DLS UP 6i 6.5" 2 WAY HIGH END CAR COMPONENT SYSTEM

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16929
DLS UP 6i 6.5

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16951
so far it looks like im going after the rainbows since my bro has hook ups....hopefully its a price i can live with
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us