NO CD Text in Shaker 500?

Username: Timinbovey

Bovey, MN United States

Post Number: 1
Just purchased a new 2007 Mustang with the Shaker 500 system in it. Seems to work great, and sounds a heck of a lot better than the stock system in my 15 year old Blazer! However....I do not get any CD text information. While this certainlly isn't critical to me, it just seems to me it should work. The dealer says "some just don't have it". My manual leads me to believe it should work. Inserting a CD and pressing the text button just gives me a message like "no CD Text available". This is on CD's that DO show text (title, artist, etc) in EVERY OTHER car we own including my wife's Cavalier (99) my old blazer with a cheap aftermarket stereo, and the reallly cheap Wal-Mart Pioneer player in my Corvair. SAme for store bought or burned CD's. It would seem to me that it should work in a new car! Now, I do have the satellite radio option installed too..and it DOES give me the name of the song, artist, etc that's playing on the radio, so I was thinking maybe the "text brain" is occupied by the satellite system and CD text dosen't work when you have the satellite option too? Anyone actually know? My dealer sure doesn't! And just for the record, so far, this system HAS played every CD I've tried in it, including a wide variety of home made burned CD's on a wide variety of blank CD brands and types, so no trouble to report there at all.

Username: Pop272

I HAVE A 6CD CHANGER THATS DISPLAYS BAD CD FOR ALL 6 CAN YOU HELP.....THANKS

Username: Expressauto

do not put all the six Cd's at a time use 1-2 .it is internal technical error that i too faced but i was in warranty period and and got it fixed from dealer.

Car Lease Deal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us