Fi audio subwoofer

Username: Dcollister440

Post Number: 6
So I have a rockford fosgate 1500bd, the old school tortoise shell, definitely puts out alot. I want a good sounding sub looking to run (1) 12' or (1) 15', that would run well with this amp. i'm really into fi, i've heard nothing but good things about them, but not really looking forward to purchasing them through fi at the price they want. I understand the whole get what you pay for concept, but just wondering if anyone on here has a used one, possibly know of a comprable product, or know of 3rd parties that have them for less expensive.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14313
Have you looked at their pricing?
I've honestly not seen an Fi sub for sale used. It's like trying to find a first gen RE sub for sale. Very rare. People hang on to those things, or just use them. Anyway they are very reasonably priced.

That said, if you need something cheaper, consider an Alpine Type R. They sell for about $149 for a 12"

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1321
I did get my first gen ssd used, and at a good price. but that was a lucky find.
i think btl's do come up pretty often.

here is a nice option
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/15-subwoofers/91370-2-mojo-15s.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1322
here is a stock q for $180
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/15-subwoofers/90800-fi-q-15-d2.html

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2068
FI is built to order, the subs start from a block of aluminum and are CNC'ed there at there shop. you chose the options you want then wait for your amazing new toy. there are no retailers for FI subs, if you want there pre-built line look into ascendant audio, that's there mass produced "sister company". all FI subs are hand built. so its cheap for what it is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
so pretty much you're saying that fi is worth it...any other suggestions as far as subwoofers go? i'm thinkg about getting the fi bl...a 15"...don't really know what all the options are for. this will be my first time purchasing subs for more than $100....just getting my feet wet. was wondering what the flatwind and hyper pole and universal options are for.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1324
read here for info on the options on the bl

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154e2417980bc64/shopdata/0070 _Tech/0070_Speakers/0020_Tech.BL/product_overview.shopscript

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14340
If you just want an all around goo dsub for daily musical use, look at the 15" SSD

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 467
I have a 12" SSD I'd sell ya for 150+ shipping. Dual 1 ohm/ stock options.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
how does the ssd compare to the bl. I was planning on getting the bl with a few options on it, the hyper pole and the flatwind wire. going to cost around 350 shipped. is the bl that much better than the ssd?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
and how are memphis mojo's compared to FI bl's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us