Help design sub woofer box.

Silver Member
Username: Noob101

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 223
If their is anyone who could help me with some sub box designs/blueprints it would be really appreciated..

My max dimensions are this..

Width = 35in
Length =23in
Height= ???

It's a Fi Q 12" dual 2 ohm. I would like to go ported (but depending on what i'm lookin at i may have to go sealed.) recommendations from fi are...
1.8-2.5 cubic feet @ 28-33Hz Use 12-16 square inches of vent area per one cubic foot of enclosure volume.

would like to tune to around 32hz. it has a 7in mounting depth. i didn't give a Height because it is a hatchback so i have quite a lot of space i can work with as far as height goes.. If you need anything else let me know i can get pictures if needed. Thanks.
It's going in a 2004 Chrysler crossfire.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2052
http://www.dldesignz.com/

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 161
This is what I came up with:

Its external dimensions are (WxDxH): 16" x 23" x 23.75"
Its pretty tall, not sure if itll fit with your hatch. The idea was to have it on one side of the trunk so you would still have alot of trunk space. The sub and port would both be facing up.

It has 43.5 sq.in of port area (~16.75 per cu.ft)

Vb: ~2.6 cu.ft (after displacement)
Fb: ~32.5 Hz

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2053
that works as well.

Silver Member
Username: Noob101

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 224
Thank you so much alonzoub.. i'll post pictures when i get it done (and check to see if it will fit with the hatch.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2260
is that a double baffle??? if so, i doubt it's really needed for this small of a box...

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 163
yea, its a double baffle. It isn't needed, I should have mentioned that. I just prefer the flush mount look so 95% of my box designs are double baffle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us