Trying to find a H/O alt

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 895
As the titles says...

For some reason im having a hard time finding a direct fit h/o alt for my car. These are the places ive tried. Car is a 04 Dodge Neon sxt 2.0.

DB Electrical
DC Power
H/O alternators
Lestek
Mechman
Ohio Generator
Powerbastards
Powermaster
Stinger
Wrangler
(^ thanks to glasswolfs list)

Sent a couple emails out. One response so far from powerbastards. They recommend the fitzall.

http://www.powerbastards.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Fitzall-220

Im wondering what kind of modifications im going to have to make to get this to fit right.

SO... Anybody know anything about those types of h/o alts? Or maybe know somewhere else that i can try? Thanks

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 896
"We offer a direct fit 220 amp unit for $449. It is 100% brand new, made in the USA." Mechman

$449 seems kind of high

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15716
talk to troy and see what he has to offer you

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2584
I haven't had a chance to make an alt for your car yet, though I'm getting increasing requests for Dodge alternators though so it's just around the corner for a 200-250 amp in the 3-350 price range.

I've had enough requests for a dual alt kit for your car I'm going to be working on it in the next month or two- I would have started sooner but my "donor car" needed to build the bracket was totaled a few months ago and I moved on to other projects.

If you're in a hurry someone is bound to have something in stock, if you can wait a bit (a month or two) I'm sure I could help you out.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 897
Yea,im in no hurry really. I have the cash now,so i was just lookin around. I mean,if this is something your already looking into im definatly interested. Keep me updated on your progress though. If for some reason you decide not to do it,let me know so i can continue my search. Thanks Troy

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 82
most of those companies use cheap chinese bearings in those alts...get a local alternator shop to beef yours up using good parts...its usually much cheaper...in the long run....

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 900
Is there anything anymore that dont use chinese parts?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11523
I'm just assuming by now everyone knows by now that everything posted by "canaanwhite" is the exact opposite of the truth.

But just in case, do go to one of those local shops, they do not build a real HO alternator.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 219
You ever get your Alternator fix ?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15830
Is there anything anymore that dont use chinese parts?

lol

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 243
the bearings are whats really bad...most good Alternators use US made bearings...the chineese bearings come apart....very cheap quality
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us