Username: Whitewun

Post Number: 1
I have a 12" MTX and a 10" Rockford Fosgate P1

I have a Sony 800 Watt Xplod Amp

Why do my subs suck?

Bronze Member
Username: Makinblak

Post Number: 16
first of all, you can't polish a turd. How do you have them wired?

Username: Whitewun

Post Number: 2
What do you mean, MTX 12" is good

Username: Hackman270

Post Number: 9
lets see. u run two diff size subs off a cheap crap amp. the subs aren't bad brands but u should have one size or the other. also know that amp probably doesn't put out anywhere near 800 watts lol. Another big factor in this is enclosure.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
You got a mixmatch and they don't mesh well towards a common sound output. And that amp, well it aint the worst, but it surely aint gonna blow your head off. How do you have them wired, how big of boxes, ported or sealed? how about your power wires and eletrical system?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23823
Don't bother fellas lol.

It's game playing time again.

I wonder if Logan is involved this time haha.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I'm going to stick my neck out and say your boxes are sealed and too small, you have no idea what ohms are, you have a 10 guage power wire and you're pissed off at the world and want us to solve your problems. Am I close?

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 74
damm this forum is getting full of trolls after halloween...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Again, what is this troll you speak of?

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 215
Funny at first. now annoying... i really don't want to go back to ca.com with all the steve meade and sundown audio bandwagon water carriers. but every thread? jeez.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14093
First thing is first. Please tell us the exact make and model of both subs, and the amplifier.
(examples: MTX 6600 D4, Sony Xplod SA4002 or whatever)
Tell us how you have the subs wired to the amplifier, and tell us what type of box each subwoofer is using.

With that information, I can offer some suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 216
Think you are wasting your time glass. bogus question and bogus thread. two different kinds of subs, a notorious laughing stock amplifier brand. screams troll. if in the 1% chance it is legit, o.p. you have to many reasons to list why that setup sounds like my a** after 25 cent taco night at the local pub.

Bronze Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 49
Mixing different sized and/or different drivers is akin to two people screaming at each other at the same time at a close distance - you can't measure an acoustically flat and/or clear (undistorted) sound from either person, anywhere. This is like the most basic thing in (any) audio - you say you want to hear your drivers but you're hearing two, and then wonder why you're hearing something that isn't in unison. Of every hack job I've seen in my friends' rides, the bass is always mad distorted, you can't turn it up much, and you can't distinguish between frequencies. Hella cancellation, smack yourself. I suppose I should add that a hole isn't a port - I saw that yesterday.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1256
let me know where that pub is

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 92
lol

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ