2 10's- small system help

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1255
All I have designed is large systems so far, so I'm very in experienced with small drivers and enclosures.

I'm looking for 2 10 " subs ported, or 4 sealed, to go with a kicker zx1500.1. So far I've looked at doing two tc sounds oem's, epics, q's and sound splinter 10 inter

Any others I should be looking at? And what enclosure should I be looking at. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2585
Skar audio still has their 600 rms sub that should be fine on 800w or so for 135 shipped I believe. Also the ssa dcon was recommended in another thread.

What's your goal with this system?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14114
What sort of environment is this for? What listening habits and goals?
I'd look at the Fi SSD 10", and two ported vs 4 sealed will yield the same output (SPL) but with different response curves. I'd go for the 2 ported, myself. Less space taken, and lower, punchier bass for most setups. Tune the ports to about 32-34Hz

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11522
Out of those, I have only heard the Qs but can say i highly recommend them. I used to have 2 10"s and miss them, i wish they would have fit in my new truck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1256
Just want the system to have some impact. Be able to crank it when I want to but sound good still. Budget is about 500 by the way, I'm really interested in getting some tc subs, always been intrigued. Ive heard the vc's get hot at 50hz and higher though

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 84
get two Kicker CVX 10's

Gold Member

Post Number: 1257
so far i've designed a box that is 30x16x12 (WxHxD) thats around 2 cu ft after displacement, with 2 3" ports 16" long to a 32 hz tune.

read more on the OEM's and it seems they need more than 800 rms to really get going.

havnt heard much about SKAR audio, but its hard finding other subs in that 600-700 watt range. I've been down the ssd road, they were good, but I'm always looking to mix it up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1259
no bump?

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 95
have you found some 10's yet ?

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 185
out of the ones you listed tc by far, may also check out t3 t600.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1261
trying to talk to this guy on craigslist to get the TC OEM's, for 200 a piece...too expensive but supply isnt very high right now to say the least. hoping i have enough power to do them justice.

Just couldn't pass up a 30 pound woofer with 28mm of xmax...on a 10 inch

Silver Member
Username: Nevertoomuchbass

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 115
I have 2 Fi Q 12's on 3000 watts, sealed box and theyre intensely loud for a closed off trunk setup, and extremely clean. Ive never heard the 10's but I imagine they are very similar

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14137
They are. Just less surface area, and a slightly higher F3

Silver Member

2 Fi Q 12s, Mmats 3000.1

Post Number: 129
sorry im unfamiliar with F3.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14139
the frequency at which the speaker rolls off to -3dB. Like Fs, of free air resonance.

see Thiele Small specs.

Silver Member

2 Fi Q 12s, Mmats 3000.1

Post Number: 132
Ohh i gotcha that makes sense!

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 422
it seems t3 audio's t600 might be their best sub for the money and would be a good set up. pretty clean not muddy bass, but also could get loud.
tc sounds subs dont do so well with higher frequencies. they are all about being a "true" subwoofer and my favorite choice of sub for a low end subwoofer stage, you will want a good set of speakers that can provide plenty of midbass if you go with tc sounds. the epics will be in stock very shortly and they would be a perfect choice. and are cheaper than 200 a piece brand new.
if you want a great response from 30-60 hz go with t3 audio. they seriously build some great subwoofers for a cheap price, i believe you could get the t600 in 10s for a little over 100 a peice. or if you want insane lows go with tc sounds.
i dont see fi being able to compete with either set up mentioned above

Bronze Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 71
Look at the Eclipse SW8010.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us