Amp stolen! looking for new one

Bronze Member
Username: Makinblak

Post Number: 24
I had a volfenhaug 2400. it got stolen, good riddance. I'm looking at a power akoustic 4000 watt class d mono block for $300. Should I get it? and does anyone have a better amp for sale in that price range?

Bronze Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 64
What subs are you trying to power? Chances are you can get a much higher quality amplifier than a power akoustic for $300.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3261
do you have stock electrical?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11532
Um, no don't get that. At least you know volf sucks... but power crapcoustic is just that also...

And an fyi neither of those do anywhere even in the ballpark of 2400w.

Best deals for ~$300 would probably be to watch for a used sundown 1500 or similar. Or if you want new theres the AQ 1200 for $250.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23855
This may be hard for some of you guys to grasp but years ago the norm was around $1/watt for quality power. You also have to remember 20 years ago not too many ppl had 500w+ systems. I remember a guy with a Monte Carlo pushing 700w to 2 12" subs in his trunk and he was considered "big time" lol.

Today it's just ridiculous.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14155
I have one suggestion.
Instead of trying to get the most watts per dollar, get the best amplifier you can with your budget. better quality always outperforms watts per dollar.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15740
your amp wasnt a good one but i hate thieves

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
I'm powering 2 kicker l7 12s with it's coming together slowly. My electrical system is stock with an optima yellow top. I'm going to upgrade the big 3 soon, and am getting a 4 gauge power wire to replace the 6 gauge. Do I need bigger than 4 gauge to run a quality 1500 watts? And should the AQ 1200 be more powerful than the power akoustic 4000? RMS-wise anyway?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I'm powering 2 kicker l7 12s with it's BOX coming together slowly...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23857

quote:

Instead of trying to get the most watts per dollar, get the best amplifier you can with your budget. better quality always outperforms watts per dollar.

Yes. I agree.

I thought I implied that with my post.

Oh crap. Maybe not lol. Fug.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Yes, paul and glass, I agree. but what about my questions of wire size and if the AQ 1200 will have more RMS than the power ak...?

Silver Member
Username: Nevertoomuchbass

2 Fi Q 12s, Mmats 3000.1

Post Number: 140
every now and then a real nice amp will pop up in the classifieds for a good price, so just keep your eyes peeled there. I got my Mmats 3000.1 for $480 shipped and thats a grand or more new. Ive also seen a sundown saz-3000.1 for $450, and a orion hcca 5000 for 300.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 192
i got a re12.1 for sale if your interrested. But that aq amp is nice maybe look into hifonics not the best but do rated power an can be had decently cheap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
dustin, how much you want for the RE? I tried to go to their site to get specs, but it wouldnt load. And how low could I run my ohms on 2 dual 4 ohm vc subs powered by mono block?

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
400@4ohms 700@2ohms 1200@1ohm watts rms. its older RE before us amps bought them out. you would wire all the subs in parrallel. To get a 1ohm load which would be 600wrms each sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
So they would be slinging way more than with the volf 2400. What year re and how much?

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
idk the specs of that amp so i couldnt say for sure but genrally speaking volfanhag makes crap so ya the RE amp is way better quality wise. Askin 225 plus sh obo. I got pics but im postin from my phone right now. Ill get pics up tomorrow if your interrested.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
I know you'll cringe, but I'm looking at a power acoustik 5500 watt stax mono block on ebay with---
3200 x 1 RMS @ 1 Ohm
2500 x 1 RMS @ 2 Ohm
1700 x 1 RMS @ 4 Ohm

For $200. Power acrapstik or not, the rms is pretty good. Would there be a lot of clipping and destruction going on though?

Bronze Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 65
Power acrapstik is lieing to you. Most trustworthy companies rate their power at <1% THD @ 11.9-14.4 Volts. Sometimes as low as <.01% THD.
Power acoustik on the other hand, most likely rates their amps >10% THD and 16-18 Volts. I am not 100% sure on how accurate those numbers are, but I CAN tell you one thing, the RMS output this amp is rated @ is a LIE.
Sure it might do 3200 watts @ 1 ohm... but chances are thats the speed train to broken equipments-ville, sadface-town, and wastedmoney-tropolis.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
theres a reason its 200 for "3200 watts" thats cuz its a lie. youd be lucky if you got 2000watts from that at 1ohm. RE, AQ, Sundown are all A LOT better brands than what your looking at. id buy quality over crap but its your money.

Silver Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 112
them power akoustics are good beatin amps they power subs wiff a lot of powa they be known to beat tha trunk down much better amp than them volfenflames

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14159
the aq1200d will draw about 120A at full output (1200 watts) being a class D amplifier. As such, 4AWG wire is the minimum you can use, as 4AWG is rated for 125A. If you have a long run of power and ground, or you have a second amplifier, move up to the next larger wire, being 2AWG or just go straight to 1/0.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15742
id just move up to 1/0 its not that expensive

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
probally have to have a distro block to the amp if run 1/0 all the way back. not very many amps around 1200wrms accept 1/0 gage wire. i know my re is a b1tch to get good 2ga in and my hifonics 2610 accepts 1/0 as its biggest wire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Ok so my head isn't as hard as I thought. I'm now looking at an AudioQue 2200D new. This looks like a great deal for 389 bux. Will this blow my l7 12s with proper voltage supply?

Silver Member

2 Fi Q 12s, Mmats 3000.1

Post Number: 142
yo those l7's are gunna sound hella good with that amp. youll be glad you went with the AQ.

and that cat 5 posts up has no idea what hes talking about

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 915
That aq2200 might be a little much for those,but you can always turn the gain down a bit. For $389 you just cant beat it. If your buying something like that,then your deffinatly going to want to upgrade your wiring too.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

United States

Post Number: 2238
I've got a DD M1B that I'm wanting 250 shipped for. It'll do around 1500rms @ 1ohm with 14v.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
to run a 2200 watt amp right you really nned a bigger alt an atleast one extra battery. 1200 is pushin it on stock electrical honestly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
ok I was wondering how high I could go. I'm thinking about springing for the aq2200 and keeping gain turned down til I blow the l7 then get dd subs, big big 3, another yellow top, HO alt, and 1/0 power wire. I'm thinking ahead.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14163
you don't run 1/0 gauge wire directly to the amp.
you run 1/0 gauge wire from the battery to the amplifier location, then use a fused distribution block to split down to 2 or 4 gauge wire to each amplifier.

Wire gauge is based on current capacity, and length of run. The shorter the run, at a given current draw, the smaller the wire can be.

Silver Member

2 Fi Q 12s, Mmats 3000.1

Post Number: 145
you should do the big 3 all 1/0. you want the least resistance possible for all that. And as for having extra batteries and H/O alts, I run a Mmats 3000.1 on my stock electrical with jut the big 3 and i have no problems. voltage rarely dips below 13. Im not sayin thats the way to go, Im just sayin you could probably get by.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us