Home Audio Setup

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3261
Hey guys,

Long time no talk. I'm looking to upgrade my current audio setup (mostly just music, very little gaming, occasional movie). I've currently got a Logitech Z2300 hooked up. It does well, but the quality is just pretty subpar. What's a good route to go for like 4-500 bucks?

Should I look at the z5500 from logitech or should I individually buy my satellites, sub, and power source.

I don't know much about home audio. Doesn't need to kill the bass because I have an apartment, but some solid smooth tones are always loved by an audiophile.

By the way, I'm gonna plug Beats Solo by Dre real quick...Got em new in plastic wrap on ebay for about 150. Very solid headphones. No active noise canceling, but definitely some solid on ear headphones. I usually go small name brands because I prefer the customer service and appreciate a company that cares, but I'm having an awesome time with these ;)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14025
get the z5500 if this is just for the PC.

other option is to do it like I did. get a pre/pro and amplifier or AV receiver, a good pair of speakers, and a sub.. and run to the receiver from the PC with a digital coax or RCA cables.

Silver Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 114
dont forget a new sound card

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3265
I've got a macbook pro, so i think my sound card is sufficient for my uses at this point, but i appreciate the input.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14029
surprisingly, unless you do some fairly advanced MIDI work, the integrated audio on most modern PC motherboards is pretty darned good. Particularly the ase if using digital output, where noise isn't really going to be an issue at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us