What do you think?

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 205
So i've been waiting weeks for a 15 to roll around that i like, and of course the few that i wanted got snatched right away, But now im looking at a DC XL 12"s, i like how my SSD 15 preformed on the lows. But i am hoping that if i go with this i wont lose to much, i had the ssd at ~4.5cuft @ ~32hz but i was wondering if i tuned a box for a 12 that low, how it would sound, or if i should just go with something like 2 sa 12s or 2 dc level 3s. IDK im just getting tired of looking and am trying to get beat back on the street.
Any information is helpful,
Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 416
the dc xl will do good tuned at 32 hz, espcially with a big ported box. but if your wanting alot of low end, there are definitely better choices out there.
a lv 3 is a great sub, i had one in a 15 and it could get down low, and definitely get the higher bass too. the way i would put a lv 3 into perspective of sound, is listen to a best buy set up, like say 2 rockford fosgate p3's or something, and just imagine it much louder. its going to sound good, but if you really want some lows, i would suggest a different sub
and from what ive heard those sa subs do good in boxes tuned 35-40 hz.. so not the best choice for low end

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15679
If you want some lows buy my stereo integrity mag 15 230 shipped...it has an fs of 20 hz....its a dual 2 ohm

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 207
What does the MAG handle at peak? Also can it be reconed by anyone, thats the only thing that has turned me off about it is the fact that its rated at 1k and ill be running around 1500.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15680
I dont know if it can be reconed by anyone and yes its rated 1000 i dont know how well it will handle 1500...you can set the gain at 1000 rms with a digital multi meter

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 208
Thats what i was running my SSD at, i am looking for more power this time around, hence why i upgraded from the kicker zx1000.1 to the saz-1500

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15681
If you have a nice sub and install you dont need that extra 500 watts you no what i mean....this mag will murder the lows (ported)....that extra 500 watts only makes a 1.5 db increase

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 875
Nolan,are you about to pass up another excellent sub?lol and at $230 shipped...? Sean,if i had the cash i think i would buy a 3 of those subs from you. lol

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 211
Im thinking about it boys.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23778
I can't remember anyone who owned a Mag complain at all about her. All I remember reading are regrets of selling them. Yours truly included.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us