System help!!!

Username: Boarder18

Post Number: 6
alright i was wondering what would be the best system for a 1998 ford ranger extended cab.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 591
Need much more information. What are you looking for SQ or SPL? What's your budget? What all are you looking to purchase? HU, front end and subs?

Post Number: 9
well i would like SPL. but would 10 or 12 be better?? cuz i have 2 12 alpine type Rs in sealed box. and i have 2 10 rockford fosgates in ported box. but the 10 sound alot louder than the 12s.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14136
When you say SPL, you you mean you just want a loud truck, or are you planning to compete in sanctioned events, burping test tones for fame, glory, and cash prizes?

When someone says "SPL" they should mean competition, not just "I want something loud."
Any good audio system will be loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 73
The best system for a 1998 ford ranger extended cab would be a full-wall blow-through with 8 ported Soundstream XXX 18's in a clamshell on 80000W, using all of the space you can in the bed, leaving room for a 2 x 4 x 5 stack of 40 batteries. 4 10" mids, 4 8" mids, 4 6.5's, and 4 tweeters, sharing 3200W.

You dropping $20,000 or what?

Seriously though, I would use 4 Eclipse SW8210's upfire in 6 cubes NET sealed, 6000W @ 1 ohm (2-3 batteries), 2 8" mids, 2 6.5's, and 2 tweeters, sharing about 600W.

4 subs 600
Box 100
6K amp 1000
6 speakers 300
600W amp 200
Wiring 100
Deck 200
3 batteries 300
Other stuff 200

Total $3000

If you can't afford that, I would get two SSA DCON 12's for a ported 4.5 cube box, a 750W @ 2 ohm amp to power them, 2 6.5's powered off the deck, and call it a day.

2 DCON's 250 + 100 shipping
4.5 cube ported box 100
750W amp 200
2 6.5's 100

Total $750.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14146
cuz, try moving the Type R subs to a ported enclosure, 2 to 2.2cu ft per 12", with the port(s) tuned to 32Hz, and feed each sub 500-600WRMS.
I assure you they will be louder than your tens.

I would suggest getting the largest subs you can feasibly use in your application. more surface area, more excursion, lower Fs/F3, more moving mass, usually more power handling, etc. I like the feel of larger subs, myself. You can tune them lower without tuning below their Fs.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 75
Do that ^.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 912
I would also agree with putting the type r's in a ported box(no prefabs). Huge difference and Thats the cheapest way to go too. So your not out any money really,just whatever materials cost.

Bronze Member

Utah

Post Number: 14
Alright guys thanks for all the help got the Type Rs thumping sound great!!! now all i need is the box... so what would be the best ported box for them???

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 120
You're using them not in a box? Be careful.

I can design you a custom box if you tell me your music preference, vehicle, intended useage, sub year, amp(s), and maximum useable dimensions.

Bronze Member

Utah

Post Number: 15
no i have them in a box its just a crappy box.
but that would be awesome if you could make me one. how much would it cost tho???

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15780
he meant design not make you one

Bronze Member

Utah

Post Number: 16
ya thats what i ment to put.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15783
oh ok

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 121
I can make you one. I can't guarantee performance, as I've never made one lol, however I know the professional way - clamp the shitt out of it. I know how to design them. Price would depend on competition. I just need...

music preference, vehicle, intended useage, sub year, amp(s), and maximum useable dimensions.

What's funny is I can't say s h a t lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15788
there you go but the only thing is he is in canada....dustin or bassman is a good guy on here and hes done some members boxes already

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 122
I'd do 5 cubes @ 35 HZ.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 123
Good sir are you claiming that my nationality suggests that I could not manufacture an otherwise sound enclosure?

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 110
FUUkkk Canada!

JK btw

Silver Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 220
Id say the best system is a loud system

Platinum Member