Troy

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3169
Hey I been thinking that I may need a new box for my Havoc. I just dont think the 2 4" aeros are enough for the sub. I was wondering if you had any ideas on a design that would work well with the sub. Slot ported this time. Probably around 4cft tuned to around 32hz. I have a x-cab S10 so space is somewhat limited. I have about 40" in wide,24" tall and around 15-16" deep to work with. Sub and port could face up or just sub up and port on the side. I dont really know. Do you have any suggestions or input?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3170
Or hell I wonder if something like this would work? Price seems pretty good. I could always turn the box so the sub and port are facing up. Looks like pretty good quality too. What do you think?

http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=4_0-msw-115

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 209
I think you need a new sub and should sell me the havoc

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3171
Ok Ill sell you my Havoc for $5 shipped!!

Plus a $300 handling fee,b/c im lazy as hell.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15682
with the power your running twiz thats plenty of port with 2 4 inch aero's....go too big on the port and youll lose some of the higher end bass

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 210
Dang i hate labor charges these days, lazy fu*kers.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 873
Man,that does seem like a pretty nice box for a pre-fab. Not a bad price either

Silver Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 143
that box looks nice

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2593
What amp are you running? I didn't really see anything wrong with that box either.

Power you're using is important to determine exact specs I would use. I'm not sure what would be best for you- I've seen a lot of guys running sub forward port on passenger side and it sounded awesome. One of the loudest single 12 <1000 rms vehicles I've sat in was a box built in an extended cab s10 sub forward port side.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2594
Uploaded the wrong image:

Gold Member

Post Number: 2595
Just to give you what you asked for:

Double baffle, sides are counter sunk .25" each, this is 4ft net tuned to 32Hz with 50sq of port after all displacement figuring .2ft for the sub displacement since a quick search didn't turn up that info. You could make the port a bit larger if you wanted. Also using 2 2x4s for bracing on the face to the port, and one from top to bottom mid-box. Dims are 16d x 20h x 35w, port 20 x 2.5"

The actual board used to make the port is 25.

quick sketchup
Upload

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3189
Im runnig a JBL BPX500.1 does 718wrms @ 4ohms. The box its in now is 4cb ft. with 2 4" aeros,sub forward/ports up. Its tuned around 36-37hz b/c the box was designed for a HD3. I was just wondering if you think the 2 4" aeros are enough port area for the sub. Im eventually going to tune lower if I keep the box I have now. The sub gets loud in this box but I didnt know if it had enough port area or not.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 153
with two 4" aeros you have about 25sq inches of port area for a 4cu ft box...you do the math...for instance if you had a DD 15 in the same box you'd need a minimum of 60sq inches of port area for it to sound right....

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 154
If you do five 4" Aeros you'll get the sound your looking for

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15852
4 is overkill
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums