Dose and one know why....

Username: Jzumble

Post Number: 1
ok i have 2 rockfordfosgate p2s 12" in sealed box WITH kenwood 650 watts. My problem is my subs cant be turned up high or they with make a poping nosie and cut in and out. Also my rca's are what turns my amp on. now i know thats not right. My rca's connected to the amp. one is in output, one is in input and it hits but maked a poping nosie if it get to loud. when i plug the rca's to just input the amp dosnt even turn on. But before i had them in my other truck that caught on fire and had to put it out with the water hose. and yes the amp got wet but the car wasnt on when it happend that might be the problem just wondering if anyone knows why its poping and i havnt tried another amp yet.and it was liek three weeks before i gave power to it. and it should turn on with out the rca's if anyone could hellp or need more info. just post or something.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 178
wow, first your rca's don't turn your amp on. they just send the audio signal. the remote wire turns on your amp. next the rca's running from the hu should be in the input on the amp only. furthermore, how are your subs wired? is the amp a multi channel amp or a mono? are the subs dual 4 or single voice coil?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5365
Some amps can sence a signal on the rca's and use that to turn on.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1542
Ummm both rcas should be going in the input terminals. Your RCAs DO NOT turn on your amp, the remote wire/power wire do that. The subs are probably popping because you are either over powering them or they are blown. If your truck caught on fire from your system there is a very good chance something is wired wrong or flat out came loose and sparked. Also there is a good chance your amp is FUCKED since you watered it.

I really really hope you didnt pay anyone to install your system.

Maybe if you take pictures or make a video we can get a better idea of what is going on here.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 180
Just throwing this out there, but an improper ground on your amp could definitely cause popping. has happened to me. push on the center of your subs "cone" and listen for any rubbing or scratching. easy way to see if the subs are blown. this could be so many different things. sounds like a mess.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15513
actually it very well could be the ground

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13906
plug both RCAs into the INPUT stage of the amp
turn the gain on the amplifier DOWN (this is the cause of the popping and shutting off)
run a remote trigger wire from the REM input of the amp to the REM output of your head unit.

alternative option:
have someone wire that amp who knows what he's doing.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1543

quote:

have someone wire that amp who knows what he's doing.

THIS

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15516
any decent car stereo shop should help you with that for free (wiring)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us