Box for a s10

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 316
i got 2 15" fi bl's and i wana make a box for my s10 but dont wana do a wall, is it possible to fit a box in there without going much higher then my back window maybe a inch or 2 max?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11449
Sealed maybe. I've worked on ext cab S10 and i don't think the space is there for a dual 15 ported box.

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 38
http://dldesignz.com/index.html

I haven't personally done business with him, but his work seems to be top-notch and a lot of people on this forum have him design and build enclosures for them. If you still wanted to build it yourself he could probably help you draw up plans as well...

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3115
I have an x-cab 01 S10 with one 15 in a 4cft box and it almost takes up all the x-cab area but you could probably squeez a 6-7cft box in there. Just make the subs face toward the back of the seats,I would make the front slanted,and use aero ports on top of the box.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 317
well i got a box designed that 7cft, with a slot port design, why aeros? jw ive never used before and would like to know a few resons?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3117
Aero ports usually will save you space and have virtually no port noise.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 318
hmmm okay do you know where i can find a free box calculator with aero ports so i can design one? thanks for the info

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3118
I dont know of a box calculater for aeros but this should help you with the aero ports,like what size and tuning they give you.

http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html

IIRC a 3" port will give you around 7 square inches of port,4" will give you around 12.50 sq. in. of port, and a 6" will give you around 28-29 sq in. of port area.

And you can buy them here

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=Mfg&srchMfg=285&M anufacturer=Precision%20Sound

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 319
what size would you suggest?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3119
You would have to talk to a professional box builder about that but I would guess for 2 15s maybe 4 6" or 4 4"? Im not really sure.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 320
anyone got any suggestions?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3121
This is straight from Fi

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154cb2c2d11ef07/s hopdata/0070_Tech/0070_Speakers/0020_Tech.BL/product_overview.shopscript

They say to use 2.8-4 cubic feet per 15" sub and tune @ 28-37Hz. And use 12-16 square inches of port per cubic foot of space.

4" aero = 12.56" of port
6" aero = 28.26" of port

So with that and a 7cb ft box in mind.........................

7cubes x 12" of port = 84" 84" divided by 12.56"= 6.687 so say around 6 4" aeros

OR

7cubes x 12" of port =84" 84" divided by 28.26"=2.972 so say 3 6" aeros

Now that is using 7cubic foot box,if you have a bigger one it will be different. And that is also using the least required amount of port area per cubic foot also. So figure out exactly what size box you are going to use and exactly how many square inches of port you are going to use and then use that formula to figure out how many aeros you would need and what size.

Hope thats not too confusing and hope it helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us