Your Opinions

Bronze Member
Username: Souleraser

Post Number: 64
I just recently sold my 12w7 and my Slash 1000.1 v2 because I wanted to try out a different setup.

My previous box was ported, 1.9 cubes and was kinda hard to fit into my trunk.

I've only had two previous set ups and I've used a ported box on both. On my new system I wanted get a vehicle specific custom ported box, but cant seem to find any.

I came across a website where I found an enclosure that will fit my car but here's the catch, its sealed. I've contacted them and asked if I could get that same box ported even if I had to pay more $$$ for the modifications, but sadly they couldn't.

I really want to get that box because it is guaranteed to fit my trunk and still have some room for cargo, but it'll be sealed.

As for the subs I'm thinking of getting 2 RE SEX 12. Still haven't decided on the amp, though and I'm pretty sure I will need to upgrade my alternator and get extra battery to be able to power these subs in the sealed enclosure efficiently.

Here's a link to the box's site:
http://supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=414&catId=154

Here's a link to the sub's site:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27312_RE+Audio+SEX12D4.html

What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 201
That amp would have worked well with those subs. never heard the new gen se's. i really like the old style. is that box built to specs for the se? sealed will give you a flatter response, but you will give up some output. and if you go ported it will inevitbly be a bigger box. don't remember box suggestions off hand from re. but i'm thinking 1 to 1.25 sealed and 1.5 to 1.75 ported. try to find bassman on the forum. ive seen his work and i'm sure he can make a spec box that will fit.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1506
http://www.dldesignz.com << thats bassman's site, you can put in a for a quote and he will work through all the steps with you to get you something you like.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 202
Get ahold of him. he's good. if you are using a box that isnt built to specs, it wont matter your equipment. it will sound bad.

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 310
What's the Make/Model/Year of your car...

Bronze Member
Username: Souleraser

Post Number: 65
I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra Xe. I went to Bassman's site and requested a quote.

Do you guys prefer sealed for SQ or ported? I'm not into SPL comps, but I do like to listen to heavy bass songs. Who knows? Maybe if I listen to sealed I may like it, it's just that I've never used a sealed box before so I'm kinda hesitant.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1511
i have done ported and sealed, i like both, ported sounds great if done right. sealed was nice but i enjoy ported a lot more.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 203
if you want sq go sealed. with the right box and right power, you won't have a problem getting decently loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 14
go ported you won't look back
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us