Subwoofer Upgrade

Username: Saffah

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,

I have a 2 20 year old 10" solo-barics. On one of them the surround just got a major crack in it. I am looking to replace both of the subs with 12"s. I have Phoenix Gold MS-2125 and MS-275 AMPS to work with. I want to get some good SPL subwoofers and be heard around town. I have around $150-$200 to spend on each sub.

Also is the Orion HP 12 any good?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Saffah

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 467
How about 1 12" RE SE D4? $165 shipped.

Post Number: 2
Im looking for 2 12" subs, should of said that

thanks though

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 468
Yea, I was just figuring with that PG amp done right you could push that one 12 pretty good. Oh well.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1364
12" SA from sundown, SDC2.512-D4. although when i lookup your amp it says 510 watts @2 ohms. thats only enough to really push one good spl sub. well it will push 2 but not at 1 ohm. you may want to look at a new amp.

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 470
How about an ED Nine.1? I have one for $200 + shipping.

Post Number: 3
Amp is Bridged into 2ohm @ 14.4 VDC 700 WRMS x1. I dont really have that much money yet to buy an amp as well. I can always get a new amp anyways if i am not satisfied with the power. And i cant find the SDC2.512-D4 anywhere, on the AQ website its backordered. Is there any other place to get them?

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 795
Im really not to sure if you can buy them anywhere else or not.

Id look into a set of these tho

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c9a6c2d38e36/s hopdata/0050_Speakers/0040_SSD/product_overview.shopscript

They would be way underpowered,but like you said you can always upgrade your amp.

If you dont plan on an amp upgrade,id go with a pair of these then

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/12%22-SSA-DCON-12D4%7B47%7DS4. html

Post Number: 4
Thank you very much guys. I think I'll be going with the fi's. Which impedance would give the most power/flexibility as far as amps go, 1 ohm or 2 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 798
Well this depends...

Two dual 1s would be cheaper to power because they can be wired series/parallel to 1ohm. Its cheaper to find an amp that does 1500+wrms at 1ohm than 2 or 4 ohms. BUT... you wouldnt be able to use the amp you have now as its only 2 ohm stable.

If you go dual 2s,you can use your current amp till you can upgrade,but your going to spend more on an amp when you do.

Understand what i mean?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us