post more details like :

sub model number

box dimensions

amp

what kind of vehicle etc ....

Username: Basshead94

Post Number: 2
i have a 2009 pontiac g8

i have the 4 ohm dvc 15" rockford fosgate T1s in a custom built box with a custom kicker amp tht pushes about 1350 @ 1 ohm
im giving that setup to my brother and want to have the loudest system in my town im looking to get 4 12"s but want to kno wat kind would be the best for sound and loudness

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 376
Fi, RE for subs and AA or Sundown for amps. Need more info though, SQ or SPL? Budget? What's your electrical like? Factory? Big 3 done?

Post Number: 4
i want really good sq with a very high spl too
i dont really have a budget
im gettin 0 gauge wire ran
with a kinetic battery in the trunk also
im gettin a high grade alternator put in
wat else should i get as eletrical

Centralia, Illinois United States

Post Number: 5
Also should i put them in a sealed or poterd box and what dimensions and hz shud i have it tuned to

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1182
Look into a SSA Xcon.

Post Number: 6
So what would you guys lean toward
FI subs
RE subs
or SSA Xcon subs

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1184
If you're looking to run one sub and a lot of power, the Xcon. It's rated at 1750 rms. If you're looking to run 2 subs, 2 Fi subs would do very well as well. The Qs are rated 1k rms each, with upgrades available to handle even more. RE makes a good sub, but most people say to get the older series vs. the newer models. One of the guys who made RE awesome went to Fi and that's one thing that's made Fi so desirable.

Post Number: 7
im looking to get 4 12s probably lol
i want some stupid ridiculous bass to out do every one in town and also have great SQ for my music

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8190
ficaraudio.com

get two fi bl's and get yourself an audioque.com audioque amplifier

if you have all the stuff for electrical you will be all good..

you have apontiac g8 just go with 2 adding more will sometimes downgrade your bass because in a trunk and all t hose woofers will cancel out some waves if your designing it correctly so stick it with 2

with these 2 woofers im pretty sure you will have ridicously loud bass compare to those rockford fosgate t1 subs. since those are more sq than spl..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8191
the box look for bassman here ask him to build you abox he has a website for the box building but i forget well i never knew it so ask him and make him to do a box for about .5cb ft bigger per sub of the recomended fi website im sure he knows the recomended space needed for the woofers and ask him to tune it at 38hz

and then my friend you have some crazy bass

Post Number: 8
will these fi subs out beat the 13w7 or alpine type x

Bronze Member
Username: Glock40

Post Number: 52
"will these fi subs out beat the 13w7 or alpine type x"

NO DOUBT the fi bl would eat those IMO

Gold Member

Post Number: 8193
alpine type x is one hell of a sq sub and it will beat the bl in terms of sound quality but the bls will murder it in spl application..

now about the 13w7 with 1000 rms the might be tie but hey the bls cost alot less

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1282
the BL's probably sound better ported then the w7 from what i have heard. i run a 15" fi Q @ 1500-1600 watts in a 3.8^3ft box from bass man and that one sub hits 142.4db and sounds great.

now you could deck out some BTL's, troy gave them a 8 of 10 on SQ, he may have a different view point now a day but that would be very taxing to run.

i would say 2 12" BL's or Q's on a saz-2500 or an aq2200 in a ported box @ ~35hz. maybe use aero port's.

don't forget to do your big 3.

bassman3's site is http://www.dldesignz.com/

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1720
I wouldn't call the bl a way better sub then the type x and the w7. I can't speak for the type x but i can for the w7 and it is an excellent sub that's capable of great output. Honestly if someone was gonna give me two subs either the 13w7's or even 15in bl's i think i would choose the w7's.

But when it comes to the wallet the small difference in performance is far out weighed by the price's. I'm sure most of the people here will say the fi's are way better but in my opinion there not. Dont get my words twisted though the fi bl's are some of the better subs on the market right now.

If i read what you said correctly you said you were getting rid of your old system. With that in mind when your goals come about i would see what your electrical is capable of first. Heck if you can get a good enough alt and cash for batteries is no problem you could even go with the fi btl's or other subs that will take alot more power.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1287
"i want to kno what the loudest and hardest hitting 12" subs i can get are and the right amps to push them"

the X and the w7 are SQ subs, the BL, BTL, xcon, sundown nightshade or Z are all SPL sub's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1721
I wouldn't consider the w7 a sq sub. I have had 1 10w7 in my car with a good enclosure and although i never metered it, I will say i never found a single person that believed i only had 1 10.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8194
OMFG you noobs..

BOTTOM LINE..

fi bls are a good affordable way if you want w7 output while spending less... keep in mind that w7 speaker have a rare rich sounding soun that makes them so unique and is made thanks to their unique constructed style

fi w7 are not sq subs they are sql subs w6 are jls sq subs IMHO are one of the best sq subs you can get..

alpine type x is also a sq that has really cool sq but is alilinefficient if your looking for loudness.

in conclusion:
bls will give you just as good output of the w7 while sounding great at a really good price you cant go wrong with them..

jl audio w7 have extremely good technologies that make the sub really good and also really expensive and also the w7 has a weird sounding sound it just sound diferent that other woofers but its not a bad thing is kinda cool because of their w shaped cone overoll sorround and their motor structure it might be that reason for that kind of sound the jl audio w7 has and why is so expensive

in terms of loudness i will say they both will keep up and in terms in sq yeah pretty much

they have pros and cons
like bls are way more affordable and jl audio voice coil are kind of hard to adapt to some amplifiers so you will need to buy their slash series expensive amplifiers to have a good combo while the fi bls voice coils will work with almost any mono class amp

i will go with a pair ofbls with an audioque2200 amplifier

but if you want cool true luxury sound and looks look no further than the 13w7s and a pair of 1000 slash series amplifier keep in mind thats over2 grand the cheapest if you buy 2 subs and 2 amps

but if you want ridicously loud bass buy yourself a pair of fi btls 12 fully loaded and find your self a 5+k rms amplifier that will give about 2500 watts to each woofer that would be ridicously loud for your g8

IMHO

think seriously what you want for me ill suggest the bl u have the money you have the charging and you want some really crazy bass go with the btls fully loaded..

if you want luxury while sounding good and looking nice get the 13w7 and their jl amplifier but it will be costly around the same price of a btl sound system with a 5kw amplifier with really like 5db quieter

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16649
what about the electrical upgrades ...

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2179
theres enough room in the g8's trunk to have a box for 2 15's??? i guess you have NO trunk space... i have 2 15's in the bed of an avalanche and it takes up 1/3rd of my bed. Box is 8cubes tuned to 32 Hz

keep it at 2 15"s if there really is enough room

Rovin is COMPLETELY right with his question of your electrical upgrades. To run anymore power, your electrical system needs to be upgraded to be able to sustain the power draw of a larger amp.

Post Number: 9
ok i will probably go with the 2 FIs
should i do the bls or btl's?
and by fully loaded you mean put every option avaliable on the sub i can?
should i do the daily driver or the other one
would it be better to use two amps or just stick to one
which amp(s) should i use
what brand of eletrical would you refer me to get

Gold Member

Post Number: 1722
for btl's i would recommend a nice ho alt.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16652
read the electrical section here :

http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/index.html

when u do u will know why i mentioned the electrical upgrades ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8195
dammit noobs read the damn post he made he is going to buy a ho alt and the eletrical needed it. thats why i said to get the btls if he want crazy bass but he will need at least 300amp alt 2 runs of 0 gauge wire to be safe and a few batts

Post Number: 10
is there anything else i should know bout electrical, amps, batteries, etc?
you all been pretty good help and i will start my project asap thank you alot

Gold Member

Post Number: 8198
for every 1000 watts rms you need 100 amps of current

your g8 has an alt that might be around 80-100 amp of output but the car electrical takes up about 50amps so you have room for 300-500 rms of output

by yourself a 300 amp alternator and buy some 0 gauge wire and and maybe 2 extra batts with that you might be able to pump around a 3500 rms watts maybe alil bit more...

get your self some btls if you are going to them but to be honest i will do this

bls are just like btls but they required alot less power and they get pretty loud and are way more affordable

2 12's fi bls dual 1 ohm every option
1 kicker zx2500.1( is stable at 2 ohm but will take 1 ohm daily noprobles i had a few)
1 300 amp alternator
some 0 gauge wire
a heavy duty battery(maybe two optimas yellow top or a kinetik heavy duty batt)
talk to bassman here to design a box tuned to 35hz with 0.5 cb ft more volume per woofer (if it fits)

and then you will probably will have the sickest bass around your area since probably around there will have mainstream equipment and yours will be undeground heavy duty sh1t.

also get on ebay and find your self a phoenix gold xenon 4 channel amplifier and buy your self a set of 6.5 inch phoenix gold rsd components maybe a pair of set of components to keep up with the bass ( since you will be needing it because the bass will be damn loud that your stock or your headunit wont keep up with the bass)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8199
*note
the kicker kx and zx 2500.1 are the same thing just diferent heatsink

and dont think they will do 2500 rms at 2 ohm 3 of mine had their birthsheet tested to do 2800 rms at 2 ohms i ran them at 1 ohm so i was getting close to 3.2k rms of watts with heavy stiff 14.4 volts

just get the fi bls man dont get btls buy yourself 2 12s bls and a kicker kx2500.1

or any 2.5k-3k rms at 1 ohm amp ( a hifonics colosus might work but is alil underated but will do really and more of 3krms)

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1186
Any plans on a front stage to handy that crazy loud bass?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8202
^^^ already said that and suggestes some good components

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
what is the difference between the bl and btls

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2422
I would either recommend multiple alternators or a DC power alt that gives the most power possible at idle. A 300 amp alternator from most companies means less idling amperage than a factory alternator. You don't want that, unless you only play your music at 50 mph, or while reving the engine.

Measure how big a box you can fit then decide on subs. Power wise I wouldn't do more than 3000 watts with your charging, even with 2 spare batteries, but I like to see 13.5 volts or higher.

I would do 2 bls, xcons, or death penalties with that power. If you went with 4 12s the fi ssd, aa chaos, or a half dozen other subs in the 800 rms range would work.

if you aren't spending a small fortune on batteries and alternators I wouldnt do four or five thousand watts. If you aren't doing 4-5kw you don't need btls.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2423
Don't get an amp that is rated 2 ohm stable and run it at 1 ohm. Its just a way to kill things quicker. You're better off paying a bit more for a bigger amp. One larger amp will be cheaper most likely, but 2 small ones will be easier to find used and sell down the road.

The bl will handle 1-2000 watts fine, above that go btl if you are using fi.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8204
^^^^ omg your talking about kicker zx2500.1???

they are stable at 2 ohms yes

i had several and had them for years at 1 ohm and they ran fine no overheating no troubles whatsoever ever..

so yeah he will be fine with the kx2500.1 with a pair of bls...

if he u and him dont trust of reability of kicker then buy the same amp and instead of dual dual 4 ohms or dual 1 ohm get the 2 ohms instead and wire the two for a 2 ohm load

Gold Member

Post Number: 2424
I believe 99% of people should stick within the manufacturers recommendations. It will prevent damage to the product.
Also what about the subsonic filter fixed @ 25Hz? It's a nice amp but I would rather have a sundown 3k, 2 RF 1500s, 2 IA 20.1s, American Bass 175.1 and the list goes on.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8205
^^^ you might be right about those amps they are better but your talking about another class versus 2.5 k rms at 2 ohms class keep that in mind....

even if they are from another class they are even WAY more exnpensive i bought my kx for about 450 on ebay and zx for 500 and another zx for about 550 on ebay also brand new. never had ANY problems running them at 1 ohm they also take 0.5ohms at burps

Gold Member

Post Number: 2425
I see ab 500.1s selling for $1000 all the time, no reason he shouldn't be able to pick up the 175 for under 700. The Sundown saz-3000 sells for 600 used, I've seen a half dozen at that price and a friend bought one for 550.

At this point he can run whatever ohm he wants or needs. As you said the amps I listed are much better. Like I said, with a fixed 25hz subsonic on the kicker you better tune low. I just feel it is not the best thing in the price and power range. I won't argue it any more- we'll just have to disagree.

You may know what you're doing and have no problems with the amp, but many people will mess something up due to inexperience or just stressing the equipment. It doesn't prolong the life of the amp for sure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
now im confused lol
this amp that amp lol which one will make the fully loded btls beat hard as HELL and sound goo

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16653
u maximum budget for bass amp\s ? ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16654
this wud be a good amp for the $ ...

http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17515&cat=249&page=1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2427
I'm going to say again you don't need BTLs if you're doing less than 4,000 watts. You don't need 4,000 watts unless you're installing avery good alternator for your vehicle and 2-3 extra large (Powermaster D3100, etc.)

If you wont spend the money on your charging system there's no need to waste your money on equipment that you can't tap the full potential of, or that you may damage.

If you're willing to make the upgrades your budget will determine what amp is best suited for you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8215
kane just buy a pair of fi car audio bls fully loaded dual 2 ohm and a kicker kx2500.1 or zx2500.1 on ebay

or go to audioque.com and get your self a 2200d audioque amp

and a 300 amp alt and an extra batt and call it a day youll be fine
i would take the kicker amp for those bls trust me they will bang..

and probably will be one of the nicest system in your area
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us