When building a box...

Bronze Member
Username: Arangov3

Post Number: 35
is there any way i could use a port to help cool down the amps by like pushing air past it so it wont be so it would help have cooler air around it i'm just drawing up some plans and im just wondering

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1145
As long as your amps arn't covered up and air can get to them they should be ok. They're made to get warm to an extent. As long as they're exposed to open air and the gain is set correctly and they're not being ran at an ohm load they're not stable at, they should be fine. People have ran set ups with external fans to help keep the amps cooler, but if they're not getting super overheated I wouldn't worry about it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ok cuz im putting my amps behind the sub box but a few inches from that would be the back seats but if its just me in the car the seats would be down but just incase when i have the seats up i just don't want to burn up 2 grand lol even though you could put them under a seat

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 737
^I have my amps setup the same exact way. Most of the time my seats are down,but when there up ive never had any issues with overheating. As long as there in that open area an not covered by something i would think they would be ok.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
ok good to hear

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 140
when put the seats down, it hurts output. there is a lot of discussion on this. glasswolf has a section on it. i think he is dead on. seats up produces more output. is it possible for you to mount the amps in front of the box or the sides?

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 743
"when put the seats down, it hurts output"

Really? Cause it seems its the exact opposite in my car. Theres a huge difference in sound with the seats down than with the seats up. At least in my car there is.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5789
It differs from car to car... There usually is a pretty big diff. in ourput when your seats are down or up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
jeep cherokee i know with the grand chero the output drops a ton with the rear door/window open

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11327
My amps are mounted UNDER the front seats. Including a class AB amp.

Pretty much as long as nothings touching the heatsink a few inches of space around it is fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
idk about doing that putting a saz 2500 under there lol

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 381
You could try mounting a cross flow fan. I have this one: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5283_PAC+CF-1.html
My cooling setup is a bit different than most. Here's mine: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/640043.html
Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8207
^^^ fudge he beat me to it hahaha

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5803
agreed ^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »