Multiple Alternator Bracket Pre-sale

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2359
Since there is no electrical section in the car audio area of this forum, and this is the most widely traveled portion I'm starting this thread here.

I've been working on multiple alternator brackets for a while now, and I've been so pleased with the outcome I decided I should offer them to others. They are hands down the best brackets I've seen and used for several reasons, which I will go into later in this thread.

All of the brackets are in the prototype phase, so I don't have 'pretty' powder coated pictures yet, though some of you are familiar with the quad bracket on my Tahoe from the forum or in person. I am doing a pre-sale because my costs go down when I buy parts and get things machined in bulk. Here is a preview of the quad bracket that fits newer 5.3L V8 installed on my personal vehicle. This is not powder coated because it was the prototype, but all future brackets will be.

Upload
Upload

By ordering as a group across several forums I can offer a lower price out of the gate on these brackets, which helps customers and allows me to get some much needed feed back and real world use.

All brackets are CAD drawn and laser cut from 1/4 inch cold rolled steel, including a second rear plate of 1/4" steel. By 'sandwiching' the alternators between 1/2 inch of metal you get an extremely solid bracket that offers no play and keeps the alternators aligned perfectly. Each bracket is designed in this fashion to remove all guess work and user assembly other than bolting to the vehicle and adding the alternators. With my brackets you get the most metal for your money, all coated with a high quality black powder coat finish.

All brackets attach to the engine block by at least 2 bolts, with the 5.3 V8 GM bracket using 3 direct mounting points. There are precise spacers that prevent parallel misalignment that is often present in multiple alternator brackets. Poor alignment can cause belt noise and premature wear.

All alternator kits include high quality 12.9 grade 10mm bolts, flat washers, and lock-nuts to attach and assemble the bracket. Wiring plugs are included, though you must specify the vehicle and if your factory plug has 1 or 2 wires. Gates idler pulleys, and serpentine belt will also be included in the kit, making it ready for install out of the box.

Overall I feel I offer the best product and value available. All prices on the pre-order are before shipping.

Pre-Order

For 99+ V8 GM engines: 4.2, 5.3, 6.0, and 6.2 liter
Full-size GM quad kit: $350.
Full-size GM dual/triple bracket will be $250.
3 alt operation requires extra parts that raise the price to $300.

For 1999+ 4.3L GM V6, including Blazers and S-10s. There may be more models and years this fits, these are just the most common.
Dual bracket will be $300.

If I reach 20 pre-orders I will randomly draw a customers name and give them $100 off their purchase.

If interested email tejcurrent@yahoo.com with questions, or simply paypal a $100 deposit to the same address. Those who pay for the whole bracket up front will get two entries in the drawing for $100 off. SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED.

I will have PayPal and credit card capabilities on my website, but prices will be higher than I am offering through the forums, and it will take longer to get the product because the first batch goes out to pre-orders. I have established a good reputation through previous sales on many forums, so there are dozens of buyers and sellers who can vouch that I am credible and do good business. I'll also have my Manufacturer's section up on the SSA forum soon if you want to check there in the next week. Pre-order ends August 22nd, and all brackets will be shipped out before the end of the month.

I have numerous people who have expressed interest, so I want to make sure they get included in the drawing. When sending the deposit or payment PLEASE include your actual name or screen name and which forum it is for with your phone number as a memo so you will be added to the list. Thanks!

Troy
tejcurrent@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1127
i will just swing by some time next month and bug you and look at it and let you take a look at my car. you up for that?

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 582
lol, amen

Gold Member

Post Number: 2360
Sure thing, when you're getting ready to head this way just email me.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16503
did u have this on ebay too ? - think i saw it there ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2361
No sir, that wasn't me. I'm only going to sell directly through my website and through the forums.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2363
Things are starting to move pretty quick on my end, so as soon as there are 3 more pre-orders I'm going to start putting the brackets together. This will mean quicker times for people to get their product that have already joined, and future customers will have almost immediate ship times.

Troy

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1208
glad to hear things are going well with them

Gold Member

Post Number: 2367
Thanks. I'm working on a GM ad244 alternator to go with the brackets. Any interest?

Would you guys be more interested in a 200/130 idle amp alternator for 300, or a 250/150 idle amp alternator for 375?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1135
250/150

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 405
250/150 x2 death. That 375 price plus shipping would be a Juggernaut style "unstoppable" deal !

Gold Member

Post Number: 2368
That's what I'm thinking
I was considering just doing custom alts to order- it would save me the cost and space of a lot of stock, while offering the buyer the greatest customization of their alternator(s).
The only problem is that my costs go down the more parts of the same type I order (bearings, cases, etc). 100% of everything I sell will be designed, built, and assembled here in the US!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23233
Awesome turn-key business man! The OP was very professional and we definitely approve of your work. Looks like your venture is starting out well.

Good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Mittens08

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 128
would those alts work in a 05 saturn ion..jw?

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 386
some people are just born stupid omfg....

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 675
lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2370
I'm sorry, I don't think they will fit your vehicle. It would most likely be more practical to get a high output alternator specifically for your vehicle than try to make one of these fit.

I am still trying to get everything together, but here is the 'official' forum:
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/forum/107-tejcurrent/

Gold Member

Post Number: 2371
Quck picture of the dual/triple 5.3l v8 template:

Upload

Some more pulley locations may be added, and a few modifications to bolt location, but this gives you an idea of what the dual bracket looks like.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1138
thats dam sexy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2372
Thanks. Took another deposit for the quad bracket, just another few deposits and I will start shipping!

Another side note, these come with a 2" x 10" white window decal for those who like vinyls on their car. Not like its a big deal, but I always feel sort of gypped when I spend a few hundred on car audio and don't get a vinyl or t-shirt out of it

Silver Member
Username: Mittens08

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 129
f u treo jus a question

Gold Member

Post Number: 2376
No problem, no harm in asking. If the demand was there I would work on something but for now there just aren't enough people who would want one.

One more order and the quad brackets start production and shipping.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5725
Looks outstanding. I could see you selling a bunch of these if you had a website... ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2378
Man I don't want to get I to that lol. I used to do websites and photoshop all the time, but its been a few years and everything has changed. A friend was going to help but its been weeks and he's still too busy. Plus after losing a bunch of work in a hard drive crash its taking a long time on the website.
I have the domain name tejcurrent.com registered, but I may be in the position to offer a free bracket to someone for some photoshop assistance. ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5726
I have a website coming up and I might be looking to also sell something else on the website. Just like BJ fisher does SSA speakers etc. Just a thought.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2379
Very nice, do you have a time frame on your site? I like the way SSA has grown. It only makes sense that if you're there to offer a good product you offer complimentary products. It helps customers who may not know the market very well make informed decisions.

I was going to get a bunch of alternators powder coated satin black, but the satin turned out a bit glossy for my liking. Here's what I've been working on till the parts I need come in:

Upload
Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23264
Dude, honestly that first pic of the alt would make a good PC wallpaper lol.

Or even the wallpaper of a website. It has appeal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5727
I don't have a certain time frame of my website. It will be officially be up and running in full this week but that's not to say you can't add on products, tabs etc...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5728
I'm open to talking about it more if your interested. Like you said, it makes sense.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5729
I'm open to talking about it more if your interested. Like you said, it makes sense to offer various products.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2380
Wow, thanks Paul. It's a bit glossier looking due to the flash, but I was looking for a much flatter looking satin- this is really semi-gloss in my opinion. Thanks on the great idea though- between you and my wife I think I got some inspiration to finish up my website banner

I didn't get the front of the case today, just the back without the plastic cover, which is what you see there. I'm waiting for the parts in the mail- but unfortunately I'm looking at 1-2 week waits on some things

Gold Member

Post Number: 2381
Sure thing, when you have time feel free to email me I'd love to talk about it more. My new personal email is tejcurrent@tejcurrent.com.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5731
Sound great. Just let me know. email is DLaudiotech@gmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 5732
Sounds great. Just let me know. email is DLaudiotech@gmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2382
Paul, between you and my wife I decided to use that image- good call

My web guy will be helping me again next week, so the rough edges will be cleaned up- but here's the logo/banner I was leaning towards.
Upload
Any thoughts on it?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23269
It's easy on the eyes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2384
Just moving this up. I'm still working on the site tejcurrent.com. Its still going to be at Least 2 weeks till there is a full site up and running

I'm waiting on parts, but I believe powder coating will be an option instead of standard. This will help keep cost down for those who don't care, but the option is there for those interested.

Output specs are looking around 135 idle and 250 on the highway. There will be a standard and heavy duty version, with the main difference being the rectifier and warranty. 1 year standard, 3 year on the hd with about 75 dollars price difference.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11275
Make me a dual alt bracket for a 350 V8 TBI

Gold Member

Post Number: 2385
What year? I'm redoing the 4.3 v6 right now, I wanted it to be a bit cleaner looking, and maybe fit 3 alternators. Once that's done if you're serious feel free to email me.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11281
94 K1500. The 350 V8 TBI engine was used in a variety of GM trucks and cars in the late 80s - early 90s

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8086
fu-cking F.A.G you need to stop using WIKIPEDIA...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2386
Looks like the alt is on the drivers side? It'll probably be another few weeks before I have that bracket. How many alternators are you wanting in there?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11286
haha as.s.hole rob being a moron once again. I've owned several chevys, worked on them enough to know most everything about them.

Troy:

Alternator on drivers side yes, that is how it is on the carb and TBI small blocks. The newer ones with "vortec" heads and injection have the alt on the passenger side. Stock alt is a delco CS130 case, a delco CS144 case is an option and is a direct fit.

2 alt bracket is what I'd be interested in. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2387
The ad244 is what I've been basing all my belts and pulley locations on. it should still bolt in no problem, and since you're adding a bracket the belt difference won't matter.
Ill let you know as soon as a dual bracket is available.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2391
Still waiting on parts, but here are a few comparison shots:
Upload

Larger output post
Upload

Any thoughts?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2392

Gold Member

Post Number: 2394
With the kits I have decided to upgrade from regular to heavy duty Gates belts. Just one more thing in my quest to offer the best multiple alternator kits with no compromise.

The alternators are looking promising and should be ready to ship out with any bracket. If it doesn't rain I'll be doing in-car testing of one tomorrow. If it wasn't mainly for testing I'd add a hint of red to the pulley and call it the night rider edition

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1200
do they come pre assembled or not? if not why did you not show us how it goes together?

i do like it tho.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2395
No assembly required lol.

Let me put it this way deathoob, the average car audio enthusiast after some point will start researching how subwoofers are built, the parts that go in them, and how they effect performance. Amp guts are another huge thing I see people investigating, they want to know how their amp works (at least a general idea) and what parts make one amp do 1000 watts and another 5000 watts.

Now that they've invested dozens of hours online and $1,000 or more on stereo equipment they buy the first battery a guy at autozone recommends, and use their factory alternator. Why not show some pictures of putting an alternator together- the way some members show a build log. I omitted all of the internal parts because most people don't care, though I see I just need to show finished alts from now on.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2400
I did some testing today, and swapped a factory alternator for one of the 240 amp units in an older Chevy 2500:

Factory alt
Upload
New one in place
Upload

Testing was done after about 20-30 minutes run time, so things were hot. This is at 500 engine RPMs- so low idle speed.
I need to do a lot more testing, but 150 amps would be a conservative idle rating for this alternator. 165 amps with no voltage drop, over 180 with just .4v drop.
Upload

He just didn't have enough juice to test what this thing would put out above idle, but since he didn't need to rev anyway..

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1215
nice, and i want your clamp meter.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8107
OMG thats my engine........

by the way i have a 98 tahoe with vortec 5.7 liter v8

Gold Member

Post Number: 2402
This Is a 96 k2500 with the 5.7 Ill have a dual and triple bracket available soon if you're in the market. This one alternator was plenty for his hifonics 2006d and Memphis 300 watt 2 channel, so I doubt he will ever need a bracket.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2404
I've been working on the website layout, though there is still a lot of content to upload and links to fix. I still have to make up a shopping cart, but other than that it's just content. Feel free to visit and let me know what you guys think. Thanks, for any comments.
http://tejcurrent.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2405
Also here are a few pics of the decals included with each order. They are about 10" x 2.5" and white. I also have some 4" x 1" tiny ones that I can include with orders if interested, they're just too small for most people.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1226
why don't you and dustin link to each other's sites? help both of you out. just my .02

Gold Member

Post Number: 2409
did you actually look at my site lol?

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 136
^^^ lol too funny

Gold Member

Post Number: 2411
I didn't mean it like that, I'm not trying to be smartass, just saying.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1229
of course i did.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2412
He has a guy who made his site and there will be a banner for my site soon. I designed and built my own site, so I was able to incorporate an ad for dl designz fairly quickly.
Great idea, he actually beat you to it and I really appreciate the suggestion.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1234
ahh i run ad sweep and it kills banners and what not so i probably missed it. i was just thinking of a tab of sites i like, things like that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2413
I see what you mean, I don't normally look at ads anyway. I'd be surprised if the ad was blocked though because I didn't use any normal ad scripts or anything- it's in there like a normal image. Either way like I said advertisements are easy to miss since we practice zoning them out all the time on sites/forums anyway.

I just opened the homepage in IE and went "ew..." I use Chrome or Firefox but obviously need to change things so IE is happy. I never used to use CSS for styling because IE was so finicky.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1235
yah if you talk to the guy i hooked dustin with he can probably help you out if you get stuck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2414
Thank you, I'll keep it in mind. I did web design and programming a lot a few years back, but the standards have changed quickly. It used to be dozens of nested tables, now it's a ton of CSS in a style sheet and 10 lines of actual html. It's like riding a bicycle, I'm just taking my time and making things so I'm happy with them.

I have a friend locally who's very good with webs design who said he'd help , but I haven't been able to get a hold of him. Honestly I really love opening a blank notepad document and just coding.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1237
yah i can see it if i turn ad sweep off. just reporting in for you.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1240
it's all ways fun to make some code, all tho all my skills are windows shell scripting and bash scripting, but i am a hardware nut over all as well as networking so i tend to stay in my happy place.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2415
ah I'm about to finish my Networking degree. I hate it. I love programming, C++, VB, HTML, and CSS are my happy place lol. I've been reading up on PHP but I don't have a ton of time for it right now. I'm just focused on a bare-bones site that I can work with down the road.

btw- any chance the add is showing with ad sweep on now?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1241
nope, if you want you can hit me up on gchat or skype any time. gcsviii is my skype name.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1242
now its working but only on the home page.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2416
Sorry, I don't have skype or any messenger, just email or PMs

I figured the css class 'ad' was getting it blocked, I changed it and all seems well. Thanks for your help on that

Today is the final day of the pre-sale. Anyone who still wants in on it just send me an email to sales@tejcurrent.com, those who have paid a deposit I will be sending you an email with the final price including shipping.

Thanks,

Troy
sales@tejcurrent.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2419
Thanks for all who participated. I'll start shipping as soon as payments are received in full.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us