Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 - Box Specs

Bronze Member
Username: K10

Post Number: 18
I just bought a couple Infinity Kappa Perfect 12s in a custom sealed box (made by Car Toys according to the seller). I measured it and it is about 1.5 cubic feet per sub, but the factory recommended is 1.0 cubic feet per sub. I am curious as to why they would make it so big.

What difference will this make? Should I stuff the box with something to make less room on the inside?

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 256
No. In fact, stuffing the box will actually make the sub respond as though it were in a larger box.

Also, a 1.5 cubic ft. box for a 12" sub is not too big for any 12".

You'll be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 433
ull like those perfects, good choice, id reccomend porting em if u want quality lows

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Ya know, I was thinking about getting a ported box or looking into seeing if I could get the one with which they came ported.

I'm actually waiting for my amp for my speakers to arrive (JBL gt5-a604 refurbished - sent it back to Hardon for an exchange because it was defective) before I install everything or else I'm gonna be rolling around with just bass and nothing else, so I haven't had a chance to really hear them thump yet aside from when I bought them. I'm gonna see how the sealed box sounds and go from there.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 435
if you do decide to go ported dont get a prefab box, get one specifically made for them. thx box is important.

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 263
Agreed.

The guys over at Best Buy should be able to hook you up nicely.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14492
i liked them when i heard them in sealed boxes never heard ported....good sub

Username: Coupedeville23

Post Number: 3

Not sure if you're referring to the 12.1d or the 12d vq Perfects. I have the DVQs (variable Q) in a 1.0 sealed. I actually called Infinity and asked a few different reps what the best enclosure would be. All of them told me 1.0. I had a brand new 1.25, and bought a 1.0 instead because thats the 'optimum' size. These subs sound amazing in this enclosure. I'm running them @ 1ohm off a Rockford P1000-1bd, and at only half gain, they sound amazing. I was aiming for SQ, and boy did I get it.
As far as the 1.5 goes, I imagine it will be a little louder, but DEFINETLY do not polyfill it! You won't get the SQ that a 1.0 will give, but it might be a little louder in comparison. I was considering ported, but everything I read says that Perfects need to be in small sealed enclosures. I would go smaller if I were you.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 2054
ive used both the 12.1 and 12vq. both were ported at 1.75 at 34 hz. both subs sound amazing the vqs get louder though and sound a bit better.

either way great subs that love the power. i had a pair of 12.1's on 500 each ported and it slammed but sounded so amazing. best sounding sub i have ever heard.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I've got SVQs (12.1). I wish I had the duals because then I could wire at 2ohms and my amp could get about a 50 watt rms increase to each. As it is now, I'll only be getting 310 watts rms to each.

I REALLY wish I had a more powerful amp to run these, but money is tight right now.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14558
patience my friend

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 2057
kenny svq /=/ 12.1. the 12.1 was the origional ka[[a perfect with a 2.5" vc. the vq (and dvq) are just the newer model. the svq is single vc snf dvq is dual vc. the 12.1 is svc and the 12.1d is dvc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us