New component set???

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 129
Im planning on getting a new component set for around $150ish, If my amp does 150rms x 1 @ 2ohms do i need 2 ohm comps or 4 ohm, also is there any recommended sets for around that price?

Bronze Member
Username: Stangjason

Post Number: 96
I think your amp will have a 4 ohm rating as well so you should be ok with 4 ohm speakers. I'm a bit rusty but if I'm not mistaken running two 4 ohm speakers bridged is equivalent to running at 2 ohms. In other words it's ok to run a 4 ohm speaker off of a 2 ohm amp but it's probably a bad idea to run a 4 ohm speaker off of an 8 ohm amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Stangjason

Post Number: 97
I had some Infinity components several years back that sounded amazing to me but I think the key is to find some and listen to them for yourself then go with whatever you prefer.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 134
Yeah, i liked my buddies cdts so i ended up getting the cdt cl61a/tw-25s i saw alot of good reviews, and my buddy has posted on here since like 06 and later and he was trying to tell me that bridging them wouldnt work, but maybe he was high :-P

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11234
Those are a decent choice, although the higher end CDTs are noticably better. The CDT crossovers give you a 4 ohm impedance each speaker so however much power per channel you amp does at 4 ohm, thats what you will get.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us