Trying to Decide what would compare

Username: Dbaez02

Post Number: 1
Right now i have 3 Kicker Compvr 12's in my Acura integra powered by a power acoustiks 1 channel 4000 watt amp. I recently got a Lexus is300. My 3 12's will take up the whole trunk in the car and i would like to be able to still use it for baseball equiptment but still have bass. I was thinking of selling the 12's and just getting 1 kicker L7 or L5 15" or Alpine type R 15" ...whatever i get will be powered by the same amp. ...Any suggestions on subs?

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 166
What amp do you have? (Not the wattage, the model #)

Also, from personal experience, I wouldn't recommend solo-baric's (Kicker's square subs). Unless ALL you care about is SPL, and even then I wouldn't recommend them (unless you can come up on them for dirt cheap).

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5756
Well first of all you can lose at least half that RMS rating you gave your amp. That's just how PA rolls. Second, Kicker subs sound like goats farting through a microphone -- you aren't moving up from much.

Have someone make you a cab for one Fi BTL 15 (2 ohm) that leaves some space all the way across at the rear of your trunk for your baseball gear. That amp will push it nicely until it croaks.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c18828468016/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/product_overview.shopscript

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 852
I'd say a 15" Fi SSD on a Nine.1 or AQ1200D would be plenty for your car.

Post Number: 3
The type of amp that i have is the PS1-4000D. I have had problems with it already blowing, luckily it was still under warranty when it happened. So if anything i might sell that too and just get another one.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 372
good idea

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 167
Very, good idea.

Sell that thing and put the $ you get from that towards an AQ1200D.

Is your Integra a hatchback or a 4-door?

Post Number: 4
It is a hatchback
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us