RE SX help

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3153
Hey guys I just bought a 15" RE SX that will be going into a 94 accord. I need some idea's as I want it to be as loud as possible. I'm thinking of going with aero ports. Sub facing the cabin and port facing the same way. Below is how i picture it to come out. What do you guys think?
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Ja205

Post Number: 67
id do with a L port

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 350
what are u gonna tune to?

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3154
So here is another idea. I'm thinking about 32hz. Upload

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 352
have u dynomated? i hear it helps a few dbs

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16380
sounds like a good plan

whats the length of the lower part

is it this model ? ...

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1152
you probably already know but remember to leave enough room from the end of the port to the back of the seat.
also, i would say go with aeros if you can make it work.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3155
Yep that's the one Rovin but mine's a two door. I need to measure that but I will let you know in a bit.

Kyle i'm pretty sure the back seat is going to be taken out. Its my daily and I never give anyone a ride.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 233
I say go with a slot port, with my re sx i use a slot port, I first had it tuned at 38 hz. sounded good, decided i would go more of re's specs of tuning and added on for an L port which dropped the tuning around 34 hz. Sounds much better, extremely clean, hits lows like crazy and i feel i didnt lose any spl with the lower tuning.
Mine is only a 12" so im sure you will be happy with a 15
mine also faces the same way as yours, it just doesnt sound as good when facing the sub at the trunk

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3156
Yeah i got a pair of XXX on the avy. They are also tune 32hz and sound great. The SX is going to be power by a mmats 1600.2. Rovin I know you have messed with this sub before give me some advice. Anyone else? Thanks to eveyone who has posted.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 242
a pair of xxx subs or comps? if they are comps let me know what you think about them, i have been very interested in those lately, all i gotta do is clean out some of my older stereo stuff to pay for them

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3157
A pair of 15's i've hear good things about their comps. But I think i'm going to run some mmats pro 651.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3158
Seems like a slow day here... bump

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16385
havent worked with 15" sx but i have with the 10" & 12" so u can expect that 15 to sound great for "only 1000wrms"

my bro has the same model car but his is a 4 door & he never put a real system in it , its trunk seems to be good sized though ... u can do slot to save some $ from buying aeroports & tune ur box low 30s ....

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3159
I measure the trunk earlier today and it seem like I have 32" L 16"H 31 D.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us