Termlab

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 327
i got my custom hybrid tc9 12" in 2.5 at 32-33(around there) termlabed. Running off a directed 1500d (1100 at 1 ohm).105 amp alternator big 3 4 gauge, corsica. The sub facing cabin is louder by 3 decibels.. its prolly because theres no lock on my trunk(big hole) and the trunk lid is a little open. Hit 138 at 38 hertz. Supposedly though, he says his mic(dont remember exactly how he said it) only measures pressure level or something. He said if i were to go to dukes across the street it would read 5-6 db's higher so 143-144.. so im not sure which one is real or not. but all i know is it was annoying my ears a good bit.. never cranked it like that before. we opened the window a little where the termlab mic/termlab was and it helped out 1 db. What ya think

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 329
im just surprised the sub can still handle 400 rms more.. its 1500 rms, and sounds like my idmax if not better.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2437
i am sure that any quality sub will handle more than its rated power if not double or more. as long as u don't do anything stupid.
who ever has the termlab is the real score... nothing else counts. i went to a place and was reading in the 160s... but on a tl i get 156 on a good day

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 331
so whats the "official" termlab/mic called? like the ones they use at db drag events and stuff

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8072
The termlab is the official meter for alot of SPL orgs.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2276
The official mic is termlab. I would keep playing around with things including box design and maybe a higher frequency to try to get higher numbers.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2438
the "official" mic is called termlab

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4328
a termlab is one of the best investments you can ever make if you get super serious about spl.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us