Pick-up People

Username: Combs54

Post Number: 3
I need some ideas! Where do all you pickup guys/girls put ur subs? Even with an ext cab im havin trouble thinkin about where/how to setup an amp/sub. Haven't bought anything yet just lookin for ideas, pictures are welcome

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8065
what truck do you have?
what year?

Username: Combs54

Post Number: 4
95 gmc sierra ext cab

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8066
unbolt that back seat, build it LOUD
If you want to still have a back seat, just build a large downfire box w/ a cushion on it.

I used to do 155dB+ in my 98 silverado. No back seat though.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11110
I have a 94 silverado ext cab. I will try to get some pics soon I just got the install done in it.

I used one of those vehicle-specific boxes that goes under the back seat. It works good if your subs are shallow. Mine are not, I had to use spacer rings to fit them in, then raise the box up so they don't hit the floor, which meant sliding the box out and losing floor space in the back. It is the best solution I could think of tho.

I have this box, it will fit your truck as well
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/4497461/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

There is also a 12" version. Just be aware that the subs can't be deeper than 6" for it to fit well.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11111
The other option you have is if you have bucket seats with a center console, remove the console and have a custom box built to fit between the seats... then you could attach the lid of the console to the top of the box to make it look good, or somethin like that.

I though about that but I replaced my seat with a 60/40 bench seat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us