Possible box size and comps

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 80
Would a 6 cubic foot box be big enough for 2 15" ssa xcons? Also, looking at some comps and midbass drivers.. Just wanted to see if anyone knew if these were any good.. 3-way systems first then midbass.
1. CDT Audio CL-641 3-way
2.Mmats 651 3-way

1.M6i CDT Audio 300 watt
2.M6+i CDT Audio 240 watt
3.Rainbow midbass subs

Originally i was going to go with some alpine type r comps and get separate mid bass but GW told me to go with a 3-way set. Are any of these listed above good? And any suggestions on a good 3-way that's about $500 don't really want to spend anymore than that. And for my comps i will either be running them off of a sax-100.4 or pdx-4.100 or possibly the pdx-4.150 ? Any advice will help. Thanks guys

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16343
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/SSA-Enclosure-Recommendations-t35710.ht ml

see ebay for DLS or MOREL 3way comps ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Thanks Rov the morels are looking nice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Also, would i notice a big difference in sound quality with the 2 15's compared to 2 12's?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16344
i noticed u posted 3 models of 4chan amps : are u going to be running which ever amp in bridged mode to play a single pair of comps ? ...[which is 1&2 bridged & 3&4 bridged]

is this a SQ set or a "SQL" set , will u be porting those subs or going sealed , if ur going ported it wud not make sense trying to squeeze 2 15s in a undersized box so a pair of 12s or even a single 18" wud make more sense for the space u have

i just checked ebay & i dont see much morel 3 way comps available now in ur price range so the DLS wud be a very good choice & i see they do have some for $499 shipped ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
how would i wire a 3-way set with any of those amps or should i go with a mono amp or?? But yea the 15's wouldn't have enough space so ill go with the 12's..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us