New Deck.

Bronze Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 80
So I am currently running an Fi SSD 15" off a kickerzx1000.1 with a Pioneer 5900ib, i am thinking about getting a new head unit, I kn ow some pretty nice brands, but i havnt heard any reviews on any of the new stuff, is there a new head unit that is as good if not better than the ib i have. Price is not really an issue, im just looking for some potential new decks to chose from.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11078
Alpine, clarion, JVC aresnal line, and kenwood has started making some good models (their high end ones)

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 738
I was looking at head units just yesterday, and if you want one that has a lot of features, but not super expensive, look at the Alpine CDA-9886.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13656
want better? here are 3 that are better:

Alpine F#1status DVI-9990
http://www.alpinef1status.com/e/products/items/dvi-9990.html

Pioneer Stage-4 DEX-P99RS (the one I use)
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Stage4/CD-Players/DEX-P99RS

McIntosh MX406
http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/Mcintosh-mx406-car-cd-player.asp

...since price isn't really an issue.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13657
PS, you put this in the wrong board.
this belongs in head units, not subwoofers

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 486
i want the DEX-P99RS sooooo bad.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16317
that pioneer u have is a mid level model from about 3yrs ago , if u DL & play alot of MP3s [btw - DL nothing less than 320kps mp3s] then getting a deck that can play USB wud be very convenient in that u wont have to burn any CDs ...so a good usb HU wud cost u in the $200+ pice range ...alpine \ pioneer \ jvc \ clarion \ kenwood

Bronze Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 81
When i said price isnt really an issue, i should have clarified, to the normal standard of a nice head unit, not the 100% best one i could buy, and sorry I put this thread in the wrong spot glass, im sure i gets frustrating seeing diff stuff where it isnt sposta be. @ rovin, i use an ipod eather way so i need somethign i can plug my ipod into

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13668
no big deal really.. I figured you may have meant that.. but those are really nice decks!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 407
All i ever use is my ipod. I have a Kenwood Excelon(Kdc-794) and i love it! Nice display,excellent ipod control, 4v outputs. Hard to beat for the money.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13672
yeah but that's with aux input or ipod input to a head unit, not an ipod directly to RCA lines, which means the bare RCA lines or phono jack for the ipod could ground out or take a static charge right to the input circuitry of the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1551
I have heard a lot of good things about the new excelerons, a lot of people seem very happy with them.

I don't know what it is about that McIntosh but i just love it. I took my eclipse out of the Subaru the other day and threw in my old clarion drz. Man does that unit sound good.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 167
i wana get the kenwood excelon KDC-X994, sounds perfect for me. gota wait till i get some money tho..

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 946
Alpine 9887 $300 from crutchfield

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_500CDA9887/Alpine-CDA-9887.html?search=9887&ssi=0

Bronze Member
Username: Schinner

Post Number: 97
i also have the kenwood excelon-x794...its awesome! super easy to use, good display, and great sound quality....4 volt pre-outs...the list goes on

can be had for right around $200
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us