You think craigslist is bad..

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 733
Do any of you ever surf through youtube? People are like "I've got the sub volume on the deck at 15/15 and the gain is at 90%" let me play it wide open with an amp thats pulling way too much current off my car. I don't think many people know anything about how to set their amp's gain.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13648
youtube
craigs list
streetfire
some of the forums like honda owners and NASIOC..

the entire internet is full of people who just don't know any better.

sadly, many of them are employed by stores that sell audio gear.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 182
LOL like bestbuy... bunch of morons for real, talk about how big DUAL is and insignia?! im like get outa here man fo realz}

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22834
On their behalf I'm quite sure Best Buy and the likes probably (and secretly) encourage car audio thieves as their installers. After all who better to quickly add and remove equipment?

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 161
^x2 lol, i bet that's exactly how it is. ha

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22835
Personally I wouldn't trust those comical install/chop shops to program the time on my radio today. I remember the first time I paid to have an install done on my camaro using a decent shop close by. Man was it worth it. They guy knew his stuff and was CLEAN as a whistle, not one wire or scrap showing anywhere after he was done. One guy too, not a team of 4 bumping into each other. Afterwards he explained EVERYTHING he did and tested the equipment out in front of me and educated me a bit as well on the proper use of it all.

THAT'S a pro.

That was also 15 years ago. Today your local Best Buy will install it any way they can, leave the junk behind and leave you with the clean up. Also assuming it was done correctly.

Fagolas.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 183
hell the guy at abcwarehouse who told me he knows what the hell hes doing and hes been doing this for TWENTY years and that bs made my cut diameter on my custom 12 fi q box 10.7 inches instead on 11.125.... isnt that jacked up????? im like hmmmm the sub didnt fit... so went back and had him redo it wow right?

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 184
then i was like hmm... i wonder if he didnt even cut the diameter need perfect what else he messed up on.... and sure enough come to find out i get freaking PORT NOISE due to 7 sq in of port?? sigh bout to get that HOPEFULLY fixed from another dude tommorow

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 736
Watched some videos of Fi SSDs, wow they look impressive.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8039
Yea, the average joe doesn't know much about audio. They usually have a buddy that 'does beat' and believe I everything he says like it spoken from the mouth of god himself.

I try to show customers just how far they can drive their system safely, but alot of that is in one ear and out the other. That is why I love DD's M-class amps. A blinking red light and the words WARRANTY VOID go a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 737
I think one common misconception is that amps and subs are "underrated" so people think its ok to push things a little harder. They assume its ok to run the gain a little high, or turn the sub level up on the deck, etc. A lot of videos you'll see people talking about how their amp really does a lot more power than its rated. In a perfect environment, on max voltage it may, but in their car with fluxuating voltage it isnt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us