Jl audio w7 13 blow through box help anyone !!!!

Username: Chema82

Post Number: 7
i have two w7 13.5 jl audio woffers i need help figuring out and desining a box , hope someone could help will be greatly apreciated !!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14127
the box recommendations are on jl's website

Post Number: 8
not for a blowthrough . i looked already

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 723
Be sure to use 1" wood. Those subs together are going to way a ton and be moving a lot of air. Bracing is also going to be important. I'd say just make you a slot ported enclosure, tuned at 32 Hz. Save yourself some trouble. Any idea on what amp you're going to be running to them? A sundown 3000D would be sweet on em

Post Number: 9
@ shawn so u recommend jus building a slot port box and porting dat in to d cab????
i wanna run a hifonics 3000d xxcolossus
what do u think??

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3149
what car is this going into? nice subs but i think i would go with a diff amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13575
porting dat in to d cab????

Please, please don't type like this. It gives me a migraine just trying to read it.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 726
Having such high priced woofers, I wouldn't slack on the amplifier pushing them. Is this install going into a truck?

Post Number: 10
@ lowlife its going into my ford F-100 its a 82 ,
sry glass wolf i`ll stop doing dat , can u help me out glasswolf.
@ shawn what do u mean slack on the amp? dat is a 847 dollar amp @ cost i get my things at whosale , so idk how i am slacking on the amp

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 150
its just hifonics amps usually have high distortion rates and its easier to clip them and damage your subwoofer
theres many other amps you could buy that would be cheaper and sound better than the hifonics, 847 doesnt seem like a wholesale price.
check out a rockford fosgate t2000.1 an alpine mrp-2000 a sundown saz-2000d audioque 2200d theres many many more that could do better and all of the amps i suggested are much less than 800 brand new

you dont want to push more than 2000 to those subs, you can do a little more but i wouldnt suggest more than 2500 if your using it daily, i would actually stick to around 2000 daily.
a blow through in your truck will require many hours of work, if you feel you are skilled enough to do that go for it, i cant really give too much advice how to do that as i never have.
but if you decide to go slot ported your truck will be pounding hard with those subs and sound good, plus the cost,time, and effort will be much less to get about the same sound

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13587
THD or distortion has several ways it can be measured, and this figure is used to impress people who shop by comparing numbers instead of really understanding what makes a good amplifier (not saying HiFonics is great.) Don't pay attention to THD figures, because due to the number of ways THD can be measured, the figures really are meaningless. Also, you can't hear distortion below 1% anyway, and in cars on a sub? typically not below 10%.

If the amp is easy to clip, that would indicate either the gain is set improperly, or the amp has a weak power supply that doesn't have much in the way of headroom or reserve power, so in peak demands at minimum load on the amp, there's nothing in reserve to feed the amp from it's power supply when it gets hit with a sudden bass hit that needs a big blast of power to avoid clipping.
HiFonics for a long time used unregulated power supplies, and rated their amplifier outputs at 16VDC, which meant a significant drop in output when you used the amp in a 12 volt car electrical system. That's why they got a bad reputation.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 164
this guy is clearly just trying to mess with us.... can u guys not figure that out?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
thanks for dat explination glasswolf
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us