Polyfill in box?

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 143
i was wondering if this pollyfill sh it should just come out and what its for. its a ported box. The previous owner i bought these off of for 60 bucks says someone used these for competitions or something. i noticed they are lacking in the LOW lows area and doesnt hit some frequencys all that impressive. let me know what ya think
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 139
i'm not 100% sure but i believe it is to stop the box from resonating and i also think it makes the sub "think" it is in a larger enclosure.
though I could be wrong
it looks like that box has an aeroport on it. if thats what that is, it could just be it wasnt done right and the tuning is very high so you wont have much performance with the lows, and the box could just be too small.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 145
thx cw u seem correct cause again... it just CANT hit lows all that great, hey glasswolf id really like u to chime in what u think bro

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 142
is that an aeroport on the box?
also what are your amps settings at? you could have the low pass way too high or have a subsonic set way too high, or have the amp turned on hp only..

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13554
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/polyfill.html

'welcome

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 148
my gain is at 0 my lp is at like 60-80...(doesnt give exact frequencys on the amp) the amp is class d therefore i bleieve there is no hp

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 149
my gain is in the middle, my lp is at like 60-80...(doesnt give exact frequencys on the amp) the amp is class d therefore i bleieve there is no hp

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13562
this is one I just wrote yesterday
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/ampsettings.html

yeah class D amps usually are sub-only, so it's LPF by default. Class "T" amplifiers, and a few of the new generation class "D" amps can do full range, but those are all multi-channel amplifiers anyway, not monoblocks. (see: Alpine PDX series "digital" amplifiers)

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 151
btw glass, I was wondering... theres a master and slave on here... it only works when slave is on. is that ok? also i have the subsonic filter on. Isnt that right to?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us