Need some of your time/ alot of help

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 59
I just want to make sure i get everything i need for my new setup. If there is anything else missing that you don't see i have, please feel free to let me know what else i need and maybe recommend a type.! So far...
HU - Pioneer MVH-P8200
Comps - Alpine Type R SPR-17S & SPR-13C
Speaker amp - MPR-M500
Subs - 2 12" SSA XCONS in 4.2 ported box
Subs amp - saz-3500d
Batt - 1 Kinetik 1800 & 2400
300A H/O Alt
1/0 gauge wiring
Dynamat Xtreme

That's all i have so far.. What else do i need? What do i need to do the Big3? ring terminals or whatever?? Do i need any more fuses? Any certain adapters? I want to know everything else i'm going to have to buy.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16298
there are utube vids on how to do the big 3 - yes u will need 6 ring terminals & i advise using 0g wire to do it

i dont see any distribution block in ur list unless thats already included in "1\0 gauge wiring" ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Okay.. But no i haven't even researched anything on that, can you inform me some about the distribution block?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16300
well u can do it like this : ...

just b4 ur amps place 1 of these on ur main wire - http://www.stingerelectronics.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=601&CategoryID=1 3

(u can also use 1 of these T blocks to ground both ur amps on a single spot)

then 2 of these after ur T block ( 1 for each amp ) - http://www.stingerelectronics.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=564&CategoryID=1 3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
So the first one you posted, which wire goes into the first hole and which goes into the second? I'm not quite sure how to hook it up and where to put those? What are they used for? is there a youtube video i can find that shows it?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 716
It just a little piece of metal. You run the 1/0 gauge into the big end, and then depending on how many outputs you need, there are holes for 4 gauge. The 4 gauge will run to your amp(s). Positive distribution blocks take fuses and the negitive one is just metal, no fuses.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Do i need any rca cables or interconnects?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14113
yes for your amps...get some stinger rca's it can even be their lower line rcas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
im gonna put my post from accessories here since im not getting any responses.. lol

Not sure which amp to get for my comps.. 4 front comps, which are going to be alpine type r spr-17s and spr-13c... or should i go with the spr-13s? Do i need the extra pair of tweeters or just the speakers? but so i was thinking of powering all of these with a alpine v-power mrp-m500 amp ... but could i go with a pdx-f4 amp or is that too much power for these comps ?? Or how bout the sax-100.4? Also another question.. I'm going with a kinetik 1800 under the hood and 2400 in the trunk. after doing the big3, am i going to need to connect the power AND ground 0 gauge from the 1800 up front to the 2400 in the trunk? And if i get a distribution block from the 2400 battery to the sub amp(saz-3500d), should the input be 1/0 and output be 4gauge or all 1/0 ? basically does the 1/0 need to go straight into the amp or with the distribution block it can be 1/0 in and 4 out with the 4 going into the power and ground holes of the amp? Get what i'm trying to say? lol sorry if i overdid myself.. i'm just not sure how to wire all of this with the distribution blocks and what sizes to get. i was on the stinger site and theres many different ones just don't wanna get the wrong one. And do i need a battery isolator? so many questions

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14120
I have a phoenix gold xenon 200.4 that does 200 watts times 4 at 1,2,3,or 4 ohms....im asking 235 shipped firm....its brand new in the box never used interested?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
is that too much for these speakers tho? i think all 4 of the speakers together are about 400 rms.. so that xenon does 800 all together , right?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14121
yes its 800 total but you can set the gain with a digital multimeter to the power you want so you dont blow the speakers besides its a good idea to have a good amount of extra power (its called headroom) it makes for a better sound when you have a good amount of power in reserve
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us