Might be looking for an upgrade.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3797
Upgrade might not be the right word but I'm thinking about changing my system around. I currently have 2 10" Dayton Titanic MK IIIs, a Kicker sx650.1, and a 2.54cuft box tuned to 28hz. Sounds awesome, but as most of you know... I like to change it up a lot.

I'm looking to maybe switch to a single 10" with a smaller box and a little more SPL oriented sound. Im happy with the Daytons, but they are by no means "bumpin da block". The amp does around 750rms at 2ohm and I would really like to keep that. If we could do a single 10" at like 1.75 cuft or less and still maintain the SPL I would be happy.

Thanks guys.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13637
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/hoffman.html

you aren't goig to go from two subs to one on the same power (-3dB) and decrease box volume, and still gain SPL. Read the above link on Hoffman's Iron Law.

I would suggest looking at a single Fi BTL though, if you can incrase the power, or a BL or SSD from Fi if you want to stay at 750. I'd go with a slot ported enclosure, and for SPL, I'd tune the box to about 45Hz.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3798
Let me rephrase what I'm going for...

I don't want an SPL setup but I'm looking to go with a smaller box and a single 10". Right now my 2 10"s are sharing a 4" aero port and a small box. I was hoping with more port area, a single 10" more designed for SPL, and all 750rms would be able to achieve similar output.

My trunk is tiny as it is, moving all my clothes back and forth from school and having a decent sized sub box isn't so practical.

Glass, I was looking at maybe a DD2510. Opinions?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13646
the DD would work. The BL or SSD would still be great choices, too. Maybe even a JL W3v3 or W6. Any of these in a slot ported enclosure will take less room and probably have higher output than two aeroported 10", If you want it musical, tune lower, like 28-32Hz range.

That ten should hit deep and hard.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3799
Yeah I was thinking a decent sized slot port with the 2510 at around 1.5-1.6cuft. Right now if I take ~3" off the length of my current 2.54cuft box I will be able to fit my hockey bag in the trunk.

Heres where I'm at now...
Upload

All I need is a little space... It might be a tight fit but anything is better than having to smell my gear in the back seat, Haha.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 163
lol, yeah hockey gear gets pretty bad. but the worse it smells, it seems like the better you play, haha

that looks like it's a pretty nice box tho,

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3800
Thanks Steve.

Yeah I just go to stick and puck anymore... Don't have the time for a league.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16318
ur really downsizing alot - i remember when u had that suv with 4 12s i think & not u got a car & wanting only a single 10" ...lol

maybe a IDQ or treo te ...

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3801
Haha yeah it was 4 15"s in the up firing box. Thats back when I had an SUV and didn't care about space...

Kinda miss it, but not really.

I like the IDQs and Ill look into the TEs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us