Audio Pulse Epic 12" or Alpine R-type 12"

Username: Eljosh

Post Number: 9
Hey guys,
I recently found the Audiopulse 12" for $200, and was wondering if it is was hugely different from the R-types. Whats the sound differences, which hits harder? Which has better sound quality? Because I can get an R-type for like $110. and I know the Audiopulse Axis's are great subs.
Thanks,
Josh

Ps. Is TC Sound subs the same as Audio Pulse? I saw somewhere they were mentioned together as the same.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1523
I have honestly never heard audiopulse however i see it for sale here for 199 and i believe shipping is free.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=293-608&source=googleps

For the price the type r wins in my book but i would wait till other chime in they might have experience with that sub or have something better to say anyway.

Post Number: 10
Yea, thats where I saw it too.
Do you know anything about Image Dynamics' stuff?

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1087
i have never heard an epic so i cant really say. I have heard multiple type-r's and they are good subs, but i would consider trying the epic if it is within your budget. Its always fun to try new things and to get something not so common. I would guess that the epic would not disappoint.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Yea, I've been reading about the Audiopulse subs, and they have TC sound drivers in them. and TC sound is supposed to be really good, so I'm going to see if I can get one when I have them money.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5734
TC Sounds changed it's name to AudioPulse a few years back, went out of business, and are now back as TC Sounds again. Thilo Stompler and the crew engineered some of the best subwoofers ever made. The Epic is AP's entry level sub, but in most companies' line-ups, it would sit somewhere in the middle. An exceptional SQ driver that can handle a good amount more than the 600 RMS rating. Bottom line, it will get louder than the Type R yet still be more accurate.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ok, sweet. Thanks Brad, thats what I was looking for. A sub with great SQ but can get pretty loud.
And which amp would you recommend to power the Audiopulse/TC sound sub? I was looking at an Alpine awhile ago, but not sure on one.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5739
Any decent amp that will push a clean 800ish RMS @ 1 ohm.

Kicker
Orion
Phoenix Gold
JBL
Directed etc.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 137
i have had the epic and it is in a whole different ballpark than a type r. yes not only will it be much much louder but bass sounds so clean, not just 1 note type of sound, very definied. and it drops low while sounding clean. audiopulse makes great subs, but you also pay for it.
i dont think jbl makes amps to do power at 1 ohm..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Would it be worth the money to get a 1 ohm amp over a 2 or 4 ohm amp?
Because I would rather not spend super amounts of money on an amp.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 138
yes but how much are you looking to spend? you said you wanted an alpine amp, i would say an alpine mrd-800 or mrd-1000 im sure you can buy one for around $200 if you look on ebay. those are rated for 800 and 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms. I see it hard to beat that power from a quality amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I'm looking to spend around 200ish, less if possible. And should I get an 800 or 1000 watt amp if the sub is RMS at 600 watts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us