Done deal on Xcons. Finishing touches please

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 41
Probably gonna wait a while and save up some more for the new setup. I am postive this time and this is what i'm going to do, forsure. Just got the new job and going to get a better, newer car soon! Thank god because didn't want to put my system in my 2002 malibu. So 2 12" ssa xcons. saz-3500d. Currently have a JVC HU but i'm looking into gettin either an alpine CDA-117 or CDA-9886 or 9887(any other good alpine head unit that would fit perfect for my setup?). 300a H/O alt. Should i get 2 kinetik 1800 batteries and keep my stock up front or would i be good on the stock and 1 1800 in the trunk? or how about 1 kinetik 2400? I don't know which front speakers to get. Any suggestions for this setup?(exact models) and what would be a good amp for the front speakers? Big 3 of course. Which brand of wiring should i buy?

Thanks in advance! I'm done deciding. These are going to be my final decisions on the setup. I can't wait.! =) Ohh and the car i'm looking into getting is a 2010 Chevy Malibu! i'm juiced.. And thanks in advance Glass. I'll most likely look into and purchase the HU, front speakers&amp,batteries,&wiring you suggest. =) if i like it that is. Which i will. lol

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4314
i would get the biggest bats you can afford. you can never have too much battery reserve imo. i would replace your stock battery with the 1800 and get at least one 2400 in the back. and also i would run at least one power and one ground wire front front battery to back. but as far as speakers....i have no idea. the pioneer TS-D1720C is a very nice set. and can be found on ebay for like 120 bucks. but im no audiophile and im sure so0meone will have better suggestions lol

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16246
i fully agree with hunter on the biggest bats you can afford - of course he meant batts with the highest AH & not just physical size

id rec comps rated at least 100wrms since thats alot bass ur going to have , 150wrms each wud be better ...check ebay for DLS & morel comps

if u want those loud mids\highs car speakers then check these companies for their loud series : DLS , Powerbass , Beyma ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
How would just 1 Kinetik 3800 under the hood be?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16247
go to the kinetik website & use their batt calculator ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
it says to put a 1400 under the hood and 2 1800's in the back.. I think the 1800 under the hood and 2400 in the back will be good.. But couldn't it be cheaper to just get 1 huge powerful 1 ?? ahh what's going to be the best choice for 3500 watts.. i dont really have anymore space for 2 batteries in the back.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16248
im too lazy to check it but if u add up the AH rating of the 3 batts they said & if its = to the AH of a single 3800 & u can fit that 1 big @ss batt up front then thats fine ...its the AH that matters not how big the batt is nor its CCA figures ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Okay ima try to do that.. But yea i was just going off of the watts on the batteries. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Anyone know a good set of fronts and an amp i could get? Alpine? Kicker? 150 rms each.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 919
Wiring dont matter copper is copper regardeless. You need high cranking amps battery's are battery's name brands dont mean a damn thing. Yea ho alt is highly recomended. LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
what are some good batteries that you'd recommend then, pimp?

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 117
depends on your budget but rovin recommended dls or morel comps. I 100% agree with him, i use dls in my car and i built my own bookshelves using morel mids and tweeters i use in my house. i have heard good things about rainbow and seas as well.
mb quart makes wonderful 4 channel amps, i cannot hear a difference in sound quality from mb quart and more expensive 4 channel amps, and their numbers seem to be right.
or try eclipse, i used to use my mb quart but i gave eclipse a try and im glad i did. the best sq for the price by far in my honest opinion, even though they dont have the most power my dls speakers scream and can keep up with 1500 watts of bass and sound crystal clear the entire time

im not too knowledgeable about batteries, i have only used optimas and i never see anyone here recommend optima so im guessing there must be better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us